Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

which amp to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tear2wo View Post
    how would i go about doing it this way? im a complete noob to all audio so evry little detail would be appreciated. thnx
    Basically it's like wiring two four ohm subs together. The positive from the 4" goes to the + on the 6x9 to the + on the amp. You shouldn't worry about maxing out the 4". I'm sure they can take the power. Use your ears and you should be able to tell when they're struggling. Adjust your gains and xovers accordingly.
    Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
    Hi,
    Why shouldn't we use bass blockers? What if I have type S Alpine SP600C components without an amp, could I use bass blockers? I was told that the cross over built in the speakers are not great.
    Thanks.
    If you have an amp with a built in hpf, it serves the same purpose as a bass blocker except it's adjustable. If you don't have any sort of xover then bass blockers would help the speaker not play past it's range and make them sound cleaner and last longer.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

about maxing out the 4'' speaker, its not a question where it will be maxed out or not...its achieving the balance between the other speakers. if you put caps on that 4'' speaker, expect to put really high caps if pairing them with the 6x9.

thats why the front and rear 6x9 should be on one channel, and the 4'' on the other channel.

or if you really want to do something, go 6.5'' components in the rear and throw the tweeter in the headliner in place of the 4''. ur going to hear that same sound quality when u put caps on the 4'' anyways. its not ideal...but it works.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

honestly i wouldnt even use the 4" speakers in the roof. My mom had a wagon before she got her 2003 accord and i did a system in it 4 her and even with upgraded speakers they would max out in comparison to the other speakers.With the limited mounting depth finding a good powerful 4' that will fit and keep up and not throw off imagining is hard pressed to find. if you do go with 4"s in the roof id just either go with 2 amps one 4 channel amp so channels 1+2 to the front and 3+4 to the 4" speakers and turn the gain way down so you just get a lil rear fill but not to much and then use a mono amp for ur subs 4 a better result homie IMO

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

x2 I wouldn't use the 4" either, but it seems like he really wants them.

I agree on the balance thing too. You could cross the 6x9's much lower than the 4" inchers but since you're using a sub, you could technically get away with the higher crossing because the sub will handle the range below that point.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

the 4inch like said need to go. they are pretty much a tweeter with a really small mid behind them. but if you really wanted to use them have them running of the oem deck dont put them on the amp. just run the 6.5s and the 6x9s on the amp. that way when the 4inchers go to shit all u have to do is un hook them and your still player just as loud and clean
            Members Ride sold...
            I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18 View Post
              the 4inch like said need to go. they are pretty much a tweeter with a really small mid behind them. but if you really wanted to use them have them running of the oem deck dont put them on the amp. just run the 6.5s and the 6x9s on the amp. that way when the 4inchers go to shit all u have to do is un hook them and your still player just as loud and clean
              Ok so I guesz I won't b using the 4" speakers anymore. So would I leave the headliner empty and have just the 6x9's in the back or put two alpine Type- x components in the car and put the 1" tweeters in the headliner?

My friend is selling me 2 12" subs with a 900w 2 channel amp for $100 (not too sure of the brands). They both work but since I hate too much bass I'm only going to be using one of the subs. Do u guys think this is a good deal?

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

find out the brand

you can do my way, put 6.5 components in the rear and put the tweeter in the headlner. not the best sound stage wise, but it will definitly get sound to you hehe.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                  find out the brand

you can do my way, put 6.5 components in the rear and put the tweeter in the headlner. not the best sound stage wise, but it will definitly get sound to you hehe.
                  ok my friends subs were 10", not 12's. and theyre Power Acoustics. same for the amp. all for $100.

i read around here somewhere that the tweeters should be mounted no more than 6" from the woofer to have the best sound. if i put my tweeter in the headliner would that distort the sound from the tweeter or i wouldnt be able 2 notice it?

anyone use those Type-X components? ne complaints?

Comment

Originally posted by tear2wo View Post
                    ok my friends subs were 10", not 12's. and theyre Power Acoustics. same for the amp. all for $100.

i read around here somewhere that the tweeters should be mounted no more than 6" from the woofer to have the best sound. if i put my tweeter in the headliner would that distort the sound from the tweeter or i wouldnt be able 2 notice it?

anyone use those Type-X components? ne complaints?
                    Just listen to your friends setup and come up with your own conclusion. If you like it and think the price is right, then go for it. 100 for subs and an amp isn't bad at all.

No it won't necessarily distort the sound but you lose some of the focus and your stage won't be as defined, but you probably won't notice because it's something you have to know to listen for. Don't put it in the headliner though. Go for the sail panels or the a-pillar.

I've heard the type-x's are pretty good.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

i also realized that the 1" tweeter wouldnt mount in the headliner. ill just keep it closer to the woofer and leave the headliner empty .

i honestly want to leave the oem deck in. im trying to keep my wagon all OEM . how would i get this to work? will it matter if i dont use an aftermarket deck since the amp will be powering the speakers?
                      ill get an aftermarket deck if u guys really think its necessary or if its a huge difference in sound quality between the two .

Comment

type x needs alot of power though.

Im a fan of mtx 7500 speakers, i have 2 10's in my car (van).

also concider your cabin is open air where some other peoples subs are in their trunk, makes a big difference.

with the factory stereo, you need a line output converter to convert the factory speaker lines into rca's.

between a factory and aftermarket you have more control on aftermarket. BASS control is seperate and EQ settings. factory you will have to have a bass knob of some sort to adjust the bass. The money your saving by not buying 4'' speakers can easilly go into a deck.

do remember you will need rca's, an amp kit, and some speaker wire depending on how you wire up your system.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                          type x needs alot of power though.

Im a fan of mtx 7500 speakers, i have 2 10's in my car (van).

also concider your cabin is open air where some other peoples subs are in their trunk, makes a big difference.

with the factory stereo, you need a line output converter to convert the factory speaker lines into rca's.

between a factory and aftermarket you have more control on aftermarket. BASS control is seperate and EQ settings. factory you will have to have a bass knob of some sort to adjust the bass. The money your saving by not buying 4'' speakers can easilly go into a deck.

do remember you will need rca's, an amp kit, and some speaker wire depending on how you wire up your system.
                          well the amp i was looking into is the alpine pdx 4.100 . it pushes 100w per channel. is this good? im not looking to spend an arm and a leg for the amp. any other amps u recommend (other brands that push out more power) ?

and im putting the 10" in a ported box and using the 2 channel amp from my friend to power that one.

Comment

should be ok, whats the rms per channel on the amps?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

i just checked the specs and for the alpine 4channel amp it says 100 watts Rms x 4 channels.

Comment

those are pretty nice amps, what about the amp for the subgs?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                                X