Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by platinumb View Post
    speakers i am hands down a focal beliver in any price range they dont make a 79.00 speaker but every price range they are in they are the best
    that i will have to completely disagree with. 10 out of 10 customer when i worked at the shop choose a hertz hsk165 over the polyglass v2. thats a $400 price difference. hertz being cheaper but still a better all around product. focal is way over priced. just like jl way over priced and u can get better product for less.
    Members Ride sold...
    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Thought I would throw in some info for Kenwood,

As far as sound and features go, their head units are awesome. Mine has the ipod hookup which works pretty well. There is also the option for HD radio but until the coverage area improves, I am going to hold off on the tuner. It also has 3 pre-amp outputs which is the bomb-digity in my opinion. My only complaint is that it is sort of a pain in the ass to navigate and it resets itself when the car turns off. To elaborate on the reset I am talking about searching through your artists by moving the toggle to the next one. After the car shuts off it no longer toggles so you have to go back to the main menu and start all over again. This is my only real complaint as I see that these problems could be avoided if they did not over-complicate things. IMO, I would warn anyone to avoid the stereo that only has two nobs to navigate because I tried it at an audio store and it was even crappier than mine to navigate.

Their subwoofers are decent. I have two 12's model KFC W3011. Those are cheap and pretty easy to come by except I think they have a new model now that has dual voice coils. Bang for your buck - they are pretty loud. I am not going to start making wild claims about them but unless you are into competitions, they should rattle your brains sufficiently.

I have heard from multiple people in the audio biz that their amps are garbage. So I avoided them all together. I am sure they are better than some of the really crappy amps out there, but for the money you can get much better.

That is all I have for now. Sorry I kind of ran on there for a bit but if you want to include this anywhere feel free to shorten it down.
      Last edited by RUGER 2.2L; 04-15-2010, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7 View Post
        that i will have to completely disagree with. 10 out of 10 customer when i worked at the shop choose a hertz hsk165 over the polyglass v2. thats a $400 price difference. hertz being cheaper but still a better all around product. focal is way over priced. just like jl way over priced and u can get better product for less.
        have been a shop owner and a hertz dealer good shit if loud is oyur game but i stopped caring about how loud my car was a few years ago, im not saying its bad stuff but personaly i preffer the sound of focal. i have been an installer for 16 years and they are the first speaker since mb quart went down the shitter that i have really liked the sound of, i think though that we nay be talking about different speakers since the pollyglass seperates are a 400.00 speaker at full retail about 210.00 at cost. hertz is a product as are many these are just my opinions. jl although not the least expensive makes a great sunding reliable product. the biggest thing is they will stand behind it if you have a problem with it they will handle it. to me that is a big deal when you are putting the reputation of yourself and your shop on the manufacturers that you sell. supply and fast service are far more important than price point i can sell it at any price point.

Comment

Originally posted by RUGER 2.2L View Post
          Thought I would throw in some info for Kenwood,

As far as sound and features go, their head units are awesome. Mine has the ipod hookup which works pretty well. There is also the option for HD radio but until the coverage area improves, I am going to hold off on the tuner. It also has 3 pre-amp outputs which is the bomb-digity in my opinion. My only complaint is that it is sort of a pain in the ass to navigate and it resets itself when the car turns off. To elaborate on the reset I am talking about searching through your artists by moving the toggle to the next one. After the car shuts off it no longer toggles so you have to go back to the main menu and start all over again. This is my only real complaint as I see that these problems could be avoided if they did not over-complicate things. IMO, I would warn anyone to avoid the stereo that only has two nobs to navigate because I tried it at an audio store and it was even crappier than mine to navigate.

Their subwoofers are decent. I have two 12's model KFC W3011. Those are cheap and pretty easy to come by except I think they have a new model now that has dual voice coils. Bang for your buck - they are pretty loud. I am not going to start making wild claims about them but unless you are into competitions, they should rattle your brains sufficiently.

I have heard from multiple people in the audio biz that their amps are garbage. So I avoided them all together. I am sure they are better than some of the really crappy amps out there, but for the money you can get much better.

That is all I have for now. Sorry I kind of ran on there for a bit but if you want to include this anywhere feel free to shorten it down.
          if you are looking for a show qulity system yes you will be dissapointed with there amps but if you need a decent 249.99 four channel amp to run a cheap set of speakers then they are not bad, not the cleanest or most powerfull but decent at both and built fairly well.

Comment

Originally posted by platinumb View Post
            if you are looking for a show qulity system yes you will be dissapointed with there amps but if you need a decent 249.99 four channel amp to run a cheap set of speakers then they are not bad, not the cleanest or most powerfull but decent at both and built fairly well.
            Hmm I can respect that. I just think you can get a lot better amps for the same price like alpine for example. They have some pretty darn good 4 channels for $250. On a more random note, I wonder if they will refine this and make it a sticky.

Any how, I thought of another brand to include in the list. In a lot of the auto part stores in my area they carry a brand called road master. As far as speakers go I wouldn't waste your money on them. I bought two 10in subs in a box for $35 brand new only to find out later that they were actually midranges (even though the box said subwoofer). But that was before I knew anything about car audio. The box was pretty awesome looking because it was wrapped in vinyl but the sound was not too good. They do sell headunits which I do not have experience with, but they look decent. Again, for the money I would probably go with something else but I don't see them as being too bad.

Comment

if u got the money JL is the way to go best brand i have ever herd

MR : http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=CB7+R3ason

Originally posted by quaidum
              you being able to see four blocks down the road is resulting in someone not being able to see 5 feet in front of them

good job, just what the world needs more inconsiderate drivers

Comment

Bazooka bass tubes = Sleeper status subs with decent quality.

Comment

JL Speakers or Kicker L7 comps
                  and amps imma have to say Alpine, kenwood,Kicker Comp or Rockford Fosgate

Comment

It's a decent write-up, but as I think you're seeing in this post a lot of this data is opinion-based. I mean rating brands (for instance) on how loud their subwoofers get is easy. Hook the system up, give it the proper juice and blast away. Measured in dB with hard numbers, it's easy to judge what gets really loud. SQ is almost impossible, IMO, to rack and stack companies on since everyone has a different definition of good SQ.

I think the only thing we can all agree on is that Boss and Lightning Audio are terrible and sold at walmart for a reason...they suck.

BTW, I really enjoy my Infinity Amp with Alpine Type-R sub. Excellent SQ across multiple music genre's and gets plenty loud for me when I want it to.
                    Last edited by Masamune; 05-18-2010, 11:31 AM.
                    Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                    D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                    ┴─┴
                    ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Hey I like that you're giving YOUR opinion based on YOUR experience! Props man. Good read.

I think if others reading this have an issue...instead of bashing here make a similar thread. After all...this is based on his personal experience, if your personal experience is different then by all means make a thread similar so others can compare.

I think this is good general info for beginners...folks such as myself who don't have a lot of experience with different head units. There are some speakers/hu to out right avoid...then there are some that are good quality...then there are some that are superb...but in the end there is no BEST, comes down to personal preference. And lists such as these help folks like me get started
                      ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                        ...but in the end there is no BEST
                        I disagree...
                        http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...yers/DEX-P99RS

lol jk.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

lol

Comment

it truely is all opinion based