Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

speaker sizes and your cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got my cb7 not too long ago and I really dont know what I'm working with yet!! I have to get my mechanic to help me with that and tell me what I'm working with.

Comment

My EX-R's door speakers are 5.24", not 4".

Honda Accord DX/LX 90-93 6.5 6.5
      Honda Accord EX/SE Coupe 90-93 5.25 6x9
      Honda Accord EX/SE Wagon 91-93 5.25 6x9
      Honda Accord SE 91 4 6x9
      Honda Accord Wagon 91-93 6.5 6x9

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        What does that have to do with speaker sizes?
        4 real its so were both confused

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

my CDM LX (USDM DX) had 5.25 all around.
          My Rides:

Comment

5.25 i dont think so .... there smaller then 5.25 i tried some infinitys way back when i first got my cb and i was gonna have dremel the fuck outa the pod.4inchers would work best IMO.
            Members Ride sold...
            I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

1993 Accord SE Front Door Speakers

I have the BOSE system and am looking to replace all speakers and install a new 4ch amp along with the new speakers. I also have an aftermarket HU.

My question is about the front door speakers. I took the door panel off yesterday and after some measuring believe that the BOSE speakers in the plastic box measured to 3.5"? And the door space without the box measured to a little under 5.25. The problem is I have no depth between the door and the window, less than 1.25". I also have no access to build spacers and don't know where to get either spacers or adapters to fit a 5.25 or 6 in that door.

Can someone maybe explain the process and what the best solution to replacing the stock BOSE speakers in a SE model and how to best work with the lack of depth that is there? Should adapters be installed? Should we go with 3.5" speakers? What is the best solution fellow CB experts. I have searched this site and I get mixed opinions and nothing that actually answers the specific questions.

Also, should the original speaker wiring be kept or re-done? I know the BOSE is integrated into a lot but will the speaker wire be effected?

Thanks so much guys!

Comment

Speaker size and more

Yes the stock speakers size are as everyone has described.. A wonderful site that I have always order thru and found to be 99.90% correct is www.crutchfield.com. I think if you really do all the research, you will find that every audio company has different mounting depth for their speaker and basic info.

Good sound quality and come from all types of speakers. I would always suggest to run an external amp and put better consistent power to the speakers.

Comment

I used to live in Harrisonburg, VA where one of the two Crutchfield stores are. Crutchfield recommends 5" Polk speakers, the only 5" speaker they have, for the front door. My problem is the depth of the speakers will be too big that it will hit the window. How do I resolve this? Also many people talk about fitting 5.25 or 6's in the front. Are there adapters that I can get anywhere?

My post above has my questions a little easier. But I have been researching this for a while now, and just took the panel off to see whats going on in there and the sizes I found are above.

Comment

this is interesting, so would a lx pod fit my ex pod?, because i would rather have a 6.5
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167601 Click to see my new ride

Comment

Originally posted by flashmc View Post
                      I used to live in Harrisonburg, VA where one of the two Crutchfield stores are. Crutchfield recommends 5" Polk speakers, the only 5" speaker they have, for the front door. My problem is the depth of the speakers will be too big that it will hit the window. How do I resolve this? Also many people talk about fitting 5.25 or 6's in the front. Are there adapters that I can get anywhere?

My post above has my questions a little easier. But I have been researching this for a while now, and just took the panel off to see whats going on in there and the sizes I found are above.
                      the only way people could get the 6's in the front is if the do it custom, cut rings out of wood a big one for the base and one fit it to the door panel to hold the 6" or 5.25
                      you can probably find a couple of articles if you search the net about custom fibre glass enclosures and what not, its no easy task but if you take the time to do it, it will look super awesome. youll probably need fiberglass cloth,fiberglass resin, bondo and various sand papers and etc.
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167601 Click to see my new ride

Comment

I could use some new speakers

Comment

to get 6.5s in the door of a cb isnt a hard task at all. just a wood ring is all. if u have an ex u can swap to an lx pod for the 6.5 no probs and the other way around.
                          Members Ride sold...
                          I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

I recently put 6.5's in my EX front doors. When I removed the speakers and sound channeling mess my pioneer 6.5's wouldn't line up so I bought plastic ring adapters from the best buy installers. The speakers went into the rings perfectly but right now the rings are held in the door by one screw and the door panel. I have no window or door panel clearance issues but I would like to have my new speakers geld in by more than just one screw. Any chance the other models have some kind of bracket that would solve this problem or would I have to go custom?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                              Any chance the other models have some kind of bracket that would solve this problem or would I have to go custom?
                              use a dx or lx speaker bracket
                              FA1

Comment

huh so 6.5 should fit front and back hmmm good write up though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                good thing i got ex 4 door 92
                                1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

Working...
                                X