Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

help please my amp goes On and Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help please my amp goes On and Off

Hi I'm Having a problem with my amp.
    ok when i turn the radio on works ok but then it goes On and Off all the time
    has new fuse, the amp is not new, its used, but it was working fine.

Is that somting i can fix or the amp its done??
    thanks

Kenwood KAC-7201

What gauge power & ground wires are you running? My guess with your current information is you have a bad ground, sand & clean the grounding location, and see if that helps, otherwise, check your remote wire connections.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

u might need to run a capacitor. theres probably not enough power getting 2 the amp . mine cuts off when i try 2 push it 2 hard.

p.s. thats my friends info. i dont know much about sound systems

Comment

Do you have a Capacitor? Also are the amps bridged if so you will definatly need a capacitor bro Also if you get a battery with more amps not CCA just standard amps it should help some.
        Last edited by JDM_CB7_TX; 04-04-2009, 04:55 PM.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
        PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

nop i dont have a Capasitor.

Bks I had another amp on the car and everything was working fine until It got stole.

I alredy check the ground like cloudasc told me to. but its the same problem.

Comment

When your amps let off they are extremely hot right.... If so I would say invest in a capacator. The problem should subside.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
            PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

maybie its the inputs. I had a problem that look a bit like yours. I was running the amp with high level inputs and now with my input converter i use rca's and it works fine and its really the best advice i could give you since i'm not an expert...

Comment

this just did this short video of how it sound,
                is not that good but lisent
                you can see hoe the blue ligth goes on and off
                thanks

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=100_0409.flv

Comment

Try holding a rev on the engine so the alternator is putting out peak power, and see if it still cuts off, if it doesn't then the voltage for the amp is getting too low idle, so the amp is shutting off, which could mean that the setup your running is either drawing too much power then the amp can handle, or your alternator is weak. Also consider doing the big 3 if you haven't already. Are you running any sort of underdrive pulleys?

I'm currently running on a stock alternator & interstate battery, a 4gauge wire from my battery to my trunk that goes to a distribution block, and I have 8gauge wire running to each amp, and 8gauge ground on each amp. Both Alpines, 1) 4 channel 40wRMS@4ohm & 1 mono 300wRMS@4ohm(500wRMS@2ohm). 4 -channel amp powers Infinity 6.5" Shallows in the doors, & 6.5" Regulars in the rear deck. JL 12w1 in a sealed box for the monoblock. I have had no problems. It takes 3 minutes at idle with lowbeams & brakelights, before I will even notice a slight dimming on bassnotes via light output @ Full Volume.
                  Last edited by cloudasc; 04-04-2009, 06:28 PM.
                  PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

What does the amp do before it cuts off? and does the power light come on and go off? I'm pretty sure you don't need a cap, it just sounds like a lose connection somewhere.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Yo, you burn a channel. That happen to mine. I had to get it fixed. It won't stay on cause of that reason.
                      "The greatest loyalty in life is, above all, to thine own Self be true."

Facebook
                      MySpace
                      My Ride

Comment

yes the light goes on and off, If the light its on the amp works, but if the light goes off it does not work, but if the light it's off the fan it's still on.

Comment

By listening to that video, sounds like the amp is clipping and shutting off/going into protect mode. Try turning the bass on the amp and head unit down all the way, then slowly turn it up to a decent level that doesn't cause the amp to do that

Comment

buying or adding a cap would be and is pointless. Buy or use a friends Digital multi meter and test the voltage inputs of the 12V constant and 12v switched(remote) and see which one is losing voltage when the amp cuts off. if neither drop voltage when the amp cuts off then its a internal problem with the amp and a simple fix, replace or get the amp fixed PERIOD. Also is ur amp in a area where there is alot of air flow. Also use the DMM to test the ohm load of your subs while your at it to make sure you dont have a sub or subs with blown or bad voice coil which is causing the amp to go into protection or cut off

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

Little story:

If I am not mistaken, that amp has an internal fan. I bought an amp like that a while back for 50$, the owner said the amp kept on turning on and off. When I opened up the amp, the fan had somehow fallen off the pin. Over-heating must have caused the amp to shut down automatically. I merely snapped the fan back on and the amp has been working great for the last 6 months.

oh, check your power connections as well.
                              DEVOTE

Comment

Working...
                              X