Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speakers

i have a nice pioneer radio but speackers are trashbut im not into amps and big boxes ,they are too heavy. What can i get to make it sound decent

hey
    i got a 91 accord EXi

i recently installed a Sony Xplod system last week
    got the head unit and 4 3inch speakers (all sony xplod) for $190
    it sounds fairly decent

my budget was very low and i just wanted something that will do the job
    i guess it depends what your budget is
    good luck

Comment

Nice pioneer stereo. I especially like pioneer stereos. It has many features and inputs for subs and speakers and has one of the clearest sound too!

Well i would use infinity refernce speakers on all 4.

Comment

Originally posted by simha1 View Post
        i have a nice pioneer radio but speackers are trashbut im not into amps and big boxes ,they are too heavy. What can i get to make it sound decent

To answer your question, I'd just get new interior speakers (door speaker and rear deck speakers). And get a GOOD brand too, not some boss or off brand speaker. I'd say (especially if you dont want a speaker box/subs) get alpine or kicker. they have good highs & lows. Everyone would say "get infinity's, there the best sound"...which is true, there good when it comes to highs. but if you want a good bumping speaker system that doesnt require a subwoofer, I'd say get a brand that optimizes in subs aswell.

Personally, I have four 12" subwoofers, and have alpine interior speakers and they sound AMAZING (the alpines) !!! But again your head unit has alot to do with it too! I too have a pioneer head unit, its an avic n1 (flip out indash) and it can seperate my highs and lows REAL WELL!!! all my highs & mids to my interior and all my lows to my subs. Good luck, let us know what you end up getting brother!
        Last edited by MyDianaZ06; 03-24-2009, 03:12 AM.

Comment

I can vouch for kicker mids. I had 4 6.5 kicker mids and 2 kicker front door tweeters and sounded AMAZING! They are kinda expensive but there quality. Im getting 2 5.25 infinity mids with door tweeters and 2 6x9 infinty's in the back. The mids give good bass for what they are. You can bump to DO THE STANKY LEGG ALL DAY! Just saying!
          Originally posted by MyDianaZ06 View Post
          To answer your question, I'd just get new interior speakers (door speaker and rear deck speakers). And get a GOOD brand too, not some boss or off brand speaker. I'd say (especially if you dont want a speaker box/subs) get alpine or kicker. they have good highs & lows. Everyone would say "get infinity's, there the best sound"...which is true, there good when it comes to highs. but if you want a good bumping speaker system that doesnt require a subwoofer, I'd say get a brand that optimizes in subs aswell.

Personally, I have four 12" subwoofers, and have alpine interior speakers and they sound AMAZING (the alpines) !!! But again your head unit has alot to do with it too! I too have a pioneer head unit, its an avic n1 (flip out indash) and it can seperate my highs and lows REAL WELL!!! all my highs & mids to my interior and all my lows to my subs. Good luck, let us know what you end up getting brother!

Comment

Kickers are a nice brand, but if all you have is just a deck that's going to power the speakers then I would suggest not spending too much money on speakers. Pioneer's are cheap and will do the job great for a cheap price.

Comment

Macrom M series. Hands down the best speaker i have ever bought.
              reliable as hell too.
              You'll need an adapter fabricated to put them in however.
              90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
              2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

You can get a nice set of pioneers to go with it

Comment

Originally posted by skaterdudz02 View Post
                  Kickers are a nice brand, but if all you have is just a deck that's going to power the speakers then I would suggest not spending too much money on speakers. Pioneer's are cheap and will do the job great for a cheap price.
                  True, but you dont always need an amp to make a good interior speaker sound good. A deck (head-unit) will do just fine, especially if your head-unit has many fuctions like equalizer, HPF/LPF...etc. And I don't think pioneer are cheap (quality/price) at all, atleast not the head-unit. To me, I think alpine, pioneer or even kenwood are not that bad...espaciallly compared to "these days" cheapy brands.

I should add that it's all personal prefrence...So if you had better luck with one brand, it might not be for another.
                  Last edited by MyDianaZ06; 03-24-2009, 09:31 PM.

Comment

dont forget, at some point in the future you can get an amp to power the speakers only, no subwoofer, thatll make them bump as well

Comment

That's what I was saying. Just let the deck power the speakers for now, so you don't have to go through the hassles of an external amp. Saves you a lot of time and money.

Comment

HELL YEAH!!!! /|\ I wouldn't even add an exterior amp for the interior speakers unless your adding subs and all that. Even then, right now I have 4 subs and I dont have an exterior amp for my interior speakers and the deck/head unit is working my interior speakers good sill!

Comment

Well, I have sony xplod deck i paid around 130bucks for, and i only have 2 6x9 alpine speakers in the back, and when i go thought town, ppl always asked me, man you have subs in that car, they really pound, and they are only 180watts max, so i guess it's all on preference and what you like

Comment

Fo Sho!

Comment

Originally posted by 1990[H]accordex View Post
                              Well, I have sony xplod deck i paid around 130bucks for, and i only have 2 6x9 alpine speakers in the back, and when i go thought town, ppl always asked me, man you have subs in that car, they really pound, and they are only 180watts max, so i guess it's all on preference and what you like
                              I have seen some 6x9's in one of my homies slab and I SWEAR the back of that damn speaker looked like a subwoofer! And that speaker did hit! But he had a cheap old radio so I can only imaging if he had a nice stereo like yours!

Comment

Working...
                              X