Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB Radio Antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB Radio Antenna

Has anyone done this at all? I was wanting to use where the old antenna was and replace with a CB radio ant.
    The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Originally posted by HappyGilmoreX View Post
    Has anyone done this at all? I was wanting to use where the old antenna was and replace with a CB radio ant.
    I dont think anybody has done an antenna, but I know people have changed them, and also rebuilt them.

Comment

CB Ant

I will try to do this myself, I was just seeing if anyone has done it. I will make a write up. Its something different so I will give it a shot...Pics soon

.:EDIT:.

When I say CB antenna I mean Citizen Band Radio not the actual FM Antenna!!!!
      The CB7 Collector.
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

I have a cb antenna but its not where the factory one is, it would hit my spoiler when i open it.

93 Accord SE no tranny:Parting out
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...52#post2070752

86 Ford Ranger fuel problem

Explorer Fund:$1595.23

Comment

they used to make an fm antenna that worked with a cb , but not sure if that still do.

I am planning on installing my cb in my accord I was planning on using wilsons magnetic mount and maybe wilson 1000 or 5000.
          Last edited by sunburn; 03-12-2009, 11:41 AM.
          WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

wilson has the best mag mounts out there.
            i have a wilson fiberglass whip right now

93 Accord SE no tranny:Parting out
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...52#post2070752

86 Ford Ranger fuel problem

Explorer Fund:$1595.23

Comment

Anyone have any pictures of their current antenna setup? I have been looking into doing something like this with my car. I have a CB radio and I always have at least one of my scanners with me. Having the rubber ducky antenna inside the car kills reception but I want to avoid drilling holes for an antenna but don't want to have a pricey antenna just being held on by a magnet.

I have seen a splitter like thing that you simply plug your STOCK radio antenna wire into it and then it has two outs, one to the stock radio and one to your scanner. Obviously your stock radio antenna is useless when it comes to transmitting so it would be pointless to attach it to a CB radio.

to the OP. Check out the Saturday Night in Kansas City thread in the Midwest Regionals section of this forum. I see you are in Blue Springs, MO. And if I remember correctly you purchase a CB that is well known to the KC CB7 Crew.
              Last edited by MadSpleen85; 03-12-2009, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85 View Post
                Anyone have any pictures of their current antenna setup? I have been looking into doing something like this with my car. I have a CB radio and I always have at least one of my scanners with me. Having the rubber ducky antenna inside the car kills reception but I want to avoid drilling holes for an antenna but don't want to have a pricey antenna just being held on by a magnet.

I have seen a splitter like thing that you simply plug your STOCK radio antenna wire into it and then it has two outs, one to the stock radio and one to your scanner. Obviously your stock radio antenna is useless when it comes to transmitting so it would be pointless to attach it to a CB radio.

to the OP. Check out the Saturday Night in Kansas City thread in the Midwest Regionals section of this forum. I see you are in Blue Springs, MO. And if I remember correctly you purchase a CB that is well known to the KC CB7 Crew.
                Yes that is true my names' Robert aka Happy Gilmore. I have Nicoles CB7 and her and I have became friends in the process. I want to finish what she started . When I get her tagged I hope to see you all soon in the KC area!!!! I have another CB7 that needs a major makeover so I will have 2 of them . And the funny thing is my 2nd one is just like Nicoles only diff is the vin number. Both were the same color and were auto's and same year!!!

I will post pics up when I start doing the CB Antenna setup I think its a handy thing to have on the road. Also another good source of entertainment as well. I will get started on the write up right away.
                The CB7 Collector.
                92 LX Coupe F22A1
                2013 Toyota Corolla S
                92 EX Sedan F22A1

Comment

do they have antennas similar to the bmw shark fin?

Comment

not a CB but a GSM roof mount..

Comment

I had an 8ft cb antenna on my 89 Sentra one time....people told me it looked like a remote control car or either if the antenna bent over to one side far enough it would tip the car over haha.

Comment

I found my 48 in Whip so i am gonna take a look at how i would put this in here. I would like drill a hole on the other side in the same spot for duals I think this would be sweet. I am sooo taking pictures as I do this.
                        The CB7 Collector.
                        92 LX Coupe F22A1
                        2013 Toyota Corolla S
                        92 EX Sedan F22A1

Comment

I found my 48 in Whip so i am gonna take a look at how i would put this in here. I would like drill a hole on the other side in the same spot for duals I think this would be sweet. I am sooo taking pictures as I do this.
                          I never was a big fan of duals unless your running high power . I used to have duals in most of the trucks I drove and just running a tuned cobra 29 just dident seem to get out there as much as I would on a single antenna.
                          (now that could have been many things ) just my way of thinking .

Comment

It just depends on where you have those antennas located. I am just doing dual for symmetry really but I will go with one for now and see what it does. I am also trying to avoid ricey type stuff lol I just like CB radio's and such and with a CB7 with duals is just something slightly different...We will see where this goes
                            The CB7 Collector.
                            92 LX Coupe F22A1
                            2013 Toyota Corolla S
                            92 EX Sedan F22A1

Comment

It just depends on where you have those antennas located. I am just doing dual for symmetry really but I will go with one for now and see what it does. I am also trying to avoid ricey type stuff lol I just like CB radio's and such and with a CB7 with duals is just something slightly different...We will see where this goes
                              just run good cable and make sure your grounded well and maybe it will help

I used to run extra grounds in my volvo's and that helped sending/recieving.

Comment

Working...
                              X