Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

custom trunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom trunk

dose anybody kno how much would it be to customize the trunk. i know it depends on what im puttin in it. i have 2 12s im thinkin of puttin a few tvs and prob one more 12. but just to have it custom i dont kno anybody that dose it or how much it would be

P.NO president of mixed breeded family car club.

it all varies with what is used .... how its laid out and what brands.
    Members Ride sold...
    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

and it also depends what you mean by customize are you wanting to add onto your sub box for tv's or do you want to glass your trunk. can you do the work yourself? if you can do the work yourself glass work is pretty inexpensive. the best advice i can offer is start making small fg pieces and when you feel comfortable with it start work on your trunk. custom trunk work can get pricey any one of work from a shop can get pricey doing it yourself will cut the cost a lot.

Comment

I did a custom trunk in my brothers Neon. He had all the audio equipment. I used fiber glass. Its relatively easy to work with, just messy. Cost for the fiber glass was about 25$ and then the wood to make the custom box was like 15$ for a sheet 8'x4'. The total cost wasn't much, but it did take a lot of time. To have custom work done, I would say you're looking at, at least $200 just for the box.

Comment

me and my buddy did the trunk on his mx-6 a few years back just working on it a little bit each night for a week. and then sprayed it in the factory color and it all came to un $150 with paint.

Comment

shops can charge atleast 400 for a cutsom trunk box all pending on what you want added to it. some people go all out and add lights inside.* My suggestion is to use mdf peices when you do do a fg set up.* mdf is pricey about 30 bucks or so for a sheet if you use partical board which some do it can be just as good as mdf.* my box alone is doubled up on the partical board.* The whole set up I have took a week to do since I was not able to leave my car at my friends house. great set up. when I get my car down here in columbus I will post a pic of the set up
            I SEE You, You Wanna See Me? Come look at my 90 LX

To JDM or not to JDM, that is the question

Remember K.I.S.S, No Not The Band, Keep It Simple Stupid

Comment

Yeah It Depends On Were U Take It What Products And How Crazy U Do It

Comment

im a big fan of the clean, and loud sounding systems, dont take it to futureshop etc, pay the $$$ to get a box made properlly, tuned, amps tuned, etc. youll have less things blowwing up that way

Comment

Originally posted by mbfcarclubcb7 View Post
                  dose anybody kno how much would it be to customize the trunk. i know it depends on what im puttin in it. i have 2 12s im thinkin of puttin a few tvs and prob one more 12. but just to have it custom i dont kno anybody that dose it or how much it would be
                  That is such a vague question. With out detail, how do you expect to get a good reply? Thats like me asking how much to touch up the scratch on my car (when the car was keyed with a chainsaw)... Do you see what I mean? You need some detail... What are you looking for, glass of carbon fiber? plywood and woodscrews? what do you want it to look like? show or go? what is in there? childseat with a teddy bear, or speakers? DETAILS!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X