Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I have an MRP M-850 Alpine Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a total newb when it comes to audio and was wondering what kind of set up i could use this amp for

(some specs i looked up)

Specifications :

Alpine MRP -M 850
    Mono Power Amplifier
    RMS Continuous Power ( at14.4 V. 20-200HZ )
    Per Channel into 4 OHMS 500 W X 1
    Per Channel into 2 OHMS 800 W X1
    S/N Ration
    IHF A Weighted Reference rate power into 4 ohms 100dba
    IHF A Weighted CEA2006 Reference 1W into 4ohms 70dba
    Input Impedance 10k ohms
    Susonic Filter 15hz fixed
    BASS EQ 50hz + 12db variable
    93 accord Black 10th Anniversary (REBUILD)
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=125009

1992 Accord Lx Frost White - SOLD
    1993 Accord Se Coupe - Totaled
    1992 Accord Ex Sedan 5 speed - SOLD
    1992 Accord Lx Coupe - SOLD
    1990 Accord Ex Sedan 5 Speed - Daily Driver
    1993 Accord 10th Anniversary - STOLEN (REBUILD)

You can power a sub with it, that's it

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

The possiablilties are endless you could do a lot off different sub set up and combo's with that or any amp for that matter. So didid you just get the amp without a/an idea of what subs you wanna run and how many? Whats ur budget? What are the goals you wanna meet with your system spl, sq, sq+ etc etc etc. All those factor in to the equation.

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

Originally posted by hybrid90accord View Post
        The possiablilties are endless you could do a lot off different sub set up and combo's with that or any amp for that matter. So didid you just get the amp without a/an idea of what subs you wanna run and how many? Whats ur budget? What are the goals you wanna meet with your system spl, sq, sq+ etc etc etc. All those factor in to the equation.
        Like i said im a total newb , my friend had it sitting in his garage and got it stupid cheap , so i was actually reall just wondering what sub set up i could use wisely with this

Comment

300 6.5" woofers. lol Anyway, if it works then its a good amp to run maybe a pair of 4 ohm svc subs or dvc 2 ohm subs or one dvc 4ohm sub or....well you get the point. Basically what hybrid said.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by tonylx87 View Post
            Like i said im a total newb , my friend had it sitting in his garage and got it stupid cheap , so i was actually reall just wondering what sub set up i could use wisely with this
            For the most power you would want a setup that had a DC resistance of 2 ohms... so either 1 sub w/2 4 ohm coils, 2 subs w/single 4 ohm coils, 2 subs w/dual 2 coils in series wired in parallel, etc etc etc

That's a good amp

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

thats guys , really apreciate the info

Comment

i think two type Rs in a ported box would go hand in hand with it

Comment

Originally posted by jcoleman_11 View Post
                  i think two type Rs in a ported box would go hand in hand with it
                  i was looking into those , i have type e's sitting in my closet that i am going to be selling on here soon

Comment

Originally posted by tonylx87 View Post
                    i understand what ur saying but honestly any sub could be powered by that amp so i want to know what sub or subs did you have in mind if any? honestly i saw later in the post you were considered type r's honestly imo i would just use that amp for 1 type r, those subs are very underrated power wise. id just go with about 2.3cu@28(i like a low tune because of the sq)-34hz and you wont be sorry. There tons of subs out there but ur budget will be the main factor with what type of sound you will get.
                    Last edited by hybrid90accord; 12-09-2008, 11:17 AM.

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

Originally posted by hybrid90accord View Post
                      i understand what ur saying but honestly any sub could be powered by that amp so i want to know what sub or subs did you have in mind if any? honestly i say later in the post you were considered type r's honestly imo i would just use that amp for type r, those subs are very underrated power wise. id just go with about 2.3cu@28(i like a low tune because of the sq)-34hz and you wont be sorry. There tons of subs out there but ur budget will be the main factor with what type of sound you will get.
                      yea deff ... thx man

Comment

I had a boston acoustics 12" G5 sub in a sealed box with the GTR 12" passive radiator. It only weighed 45lbs total and was too loud for me. Going with a higher end setup like that for example can give you great results with less weight, and less lost trunk space.

I've done car audio the last nine years and of all the subs I've ever owned, my favorites were my 15" Eclipse aluminum, and the boston G5.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                          I had a boston acoustics 12" G5 sub in a sealed box with the GTR 12" passive radiator. It only weighed 45lbs total and was too loud for me. Going with a higher end setup like that for example can give you great results with less weight, and less lost trunk space.

I've done car audio the last nine years and of all the subs I've ever owned, my favorites were my 15" Eclipse aluminum, and the boston G5.
                          nice another good option i see , may think about the g5's ,. i have some time and a few extra bucks so i will give it some thought , thanks guys

Comment

memphis m3 subs ..... it would be way more helpful if u had an idea of how much u wanna spend and how loud/clean u wanna be???
                            Members Ride sold...
                            I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Working...
                            X