Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Freakin Buzz Sound From Sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freakin Buzz Sound From Sub

Guys I Need Help I Have Buzzin Sounds Comin From My Sub And Its Really Loud I Can Also Hear When I Rev And Turn On My Signals What In The Name Of Jesus Is That???

Bad ground at the amp
    90 Panda DX F22A6

Comment

I had the same prob. mine ended up being nad RCA terminals on my head unit. But yes it does sound like bad ground but you cant say its at the amp. Its a good place to start but it sound like the have a bad ground somewhere else. You are going to have fun trying to find your bad ground. Took me like 2 months to find out it was my 1year old head unit (pioneer)
      Another rout you can TRY is. Go buy a "ground loop isolator" and try that. But I would try and find the bad ground be4 going to the option.
      Good luck hope this helps a little.
      R.I.P Rex 10/10/97-08/06/09
      There aren’t enough words in this world to say how much you will be missed. love you buddy!

Comment

did it just appear suddenly or is it just getting to you now?

It's possible that it may just be engine noise coming in from your power AND a bad ground causing interference. But check your grounds first.

Easiest thing to do it start at the sub. check all of the wires INSIDE the box to the sub, then the wires to the sub from the amp. and forward to the amp and on all the way to the HU. If you don't find something loose or looking fried, then i would try to make sure you have good RCA's. the cheapo ones can have bad insulation and that can cause engine noise.

If it's not the grounds and you have good RCA's then you might have to start checking everything with a multimeter to make sure nothing is ohming out.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
          did it just appear suddenly or is it just getting to you now?

It's possible that it may just be engine noise coming in from your power AND a bad ground causing interference. But check your grounds first.

Easiest thing to do it start at the sub. check all of the wires INSIDE the box to the sub, then the wires to the sub from the amp. and forward to the amp and on all the way to the HU. If you don't find something loose or looking fried, then i would try to make sure you have good RCA's. the cheapo ones can have bad insulation and that can cause engine noise.

If it's not the grounds and you have good RCA's then you might have to start checking everything with a multimeter to make sure nothing is ohming out.
          x2. Mostly Check your ground make sure itis down to the bare metal and your RCA's.
          Originally posted by Makaveli2k
          Be a man. Grab on the crank pulley with one hand, hold some chloroform over the air filter and "Shush it to death".
          Originally posted by Accrdkid
          Hey did you earn your Red Wings? Red Wings being you muffed dived that coochie and tasted copper and got the red mustache.

No matter how far you go, the same path lies in front of you. "ユメクイ"

Comment

thnx guys ima give that a try... yea it came outta now where

Comment

Originally posted by DRCB7 View Post
              thnx guys ima give that a try... yea it came outta now where
              Sounds like you pitched a RCA or something since it came out of nowhere. That happened to me I couldnt find what it was on my mold system I just got fed up w/ it and ripped the whole system out. While doing that I found I just pinched one of my RAC cables. I was sooo pissed!
              R.I.P Rex 10/10/97-08/06/09
              There aren’t enough words in this world to say how much you will be missed. love you buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by flcb7 View Post
                Another rout you can TRY is. Go buy a "ground loop isolator" and try that. But I would try and find the bad ground be4 going to the option.
                Good luck hope this helps a little.
                I have the dreaded alternator whine coming from my 6's in the back. I bought the ground loop isolator the other day and hooked it to the rca's going to the amp that are powering the 6's but it didn't work, i ended up returning it. Sooo.. next i'm gonna reground my headunit (a pioneer) and amp to see if that fixes the problem.. does anyone use twisted pair rca's, and if you do how much did you pay, cuz the one's i saw are like $60 for just a couple of meters. I want to try to eliminate any problems.

Comment

You can try grounding your rca's to the radio's chassis

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                    You can try grounding your rca's to the radio's chassis
                    do you need some special rca cables with grounds or do i have to splice it in myself?

Comment

Originally posted by dave420 View Post
                      do you need some special rca cables with grounds or do i have to splice it in myself?
                      x2, i'd be interested in how to do this too. almost every stereo i've had has had some sort of buzzing, always quiet but i can hear it when the stereo is very low volume.

Comment

I have this same issue and I have to solve it since I am running all my speakers through a 4 channel amp.

hope this helps.

DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha View Post
                          I have this same issue and I have to solve it since I am running all my speakers through a 4 channel amp.

hope this helps.
                          very cool, thanks a lot, simple and easy to do

Comment

Thanks, hopefully that fixes my problem.

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha View Post

hope this helps.
                              Thank you.. the 5th one totally fixed my problem. I also have a pioneer head unit.

Comment

Working...
                              X