Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

front door speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PENGUIN View Post
    i elimanated the black speaker grille and put a huge 250 watt kenwood 6x 9 and just put the speakers grille on it. I connected the crossover to a tweeter mounted by my headrest and man it made a big difference to have 6x 9 rather than 6 .5
    haha imaging mean anything to you?? muchless sound quality?
    Members Ride sold...
    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

thats weird man post some pics or something. I just put alpine type S 6 1/2" speakers in my doors and they fit perfect. I thought they were too deep but once i used the stock rain guard they fit perfectly.
      R.I.P. 1993 10th Anniversary.

Comment

Front speaker wire colours

Hello there all,

This is my first post here. My DA, 91 Acura Integra LS got hit and totalled so I bought a CB7, and joined here. Looks like a good site, similar to g2ic.com where I used to get my DA help.

Anyway, I just bought my 92 Accord EX-R (I'm Canadian from the Toronto area), installed my old Alpine deck from my Integra, and I'm looking to replace the door speakers with a set of Alpine Type-R 6.5"s. What is the +/- speaker wire colours?

Thanks.

Comment

^ sorry, meant to start a new thread.

Comment

JVC doesnt sound very good in my experience

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
            And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
            Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Originally posted by J3wman View Post
              JVC doesnt sound very good in my experience
              I think they sound pretty good. I got a pair of JVC 6.5"s in the rear deck, 235watt max from walmart.

Also I have a 91 accord ex sedan, and I recently put 4" pyle 2 ways in the front doors (An amazing 60watt max , but my stereo only puts out 35watts a speaker, so Im golden.). I used the stock pods. I just removed the 3 screws holding the stock speaker in and it already had holes for aftermarket speakers. No drilling, Fit perfect. Had to cut wires though, cuz Im too poor and lazy to get wire adapters. They sounds good, considering my stockies were blown lol. I might get better ones in the future.
              PSN
              Vash744

MRT 1992 EX Coupe "The Jerk"
              2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium Hatchback
              2008 Honda Fit Sport (Totaled out - Death by fallen tree)
              1993 CB7 Sedan LX (Totaled out)
              1991 CB7 Sedan EX (Dead and Junked)

Comment

Originally posted by Smoken_ducky7 View Post
                mdf rings sound cheeper but remeber to paint them
                yeah. even if you just use them as spacers. The thing out mdf is that it expands when it gets wet. make sure they are sealed good especailly in a door. tons of chances for moisture.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusty Crayon View Post
                  yeah. even if you just use them as spacers. The thing out mdf is that it expands when it gets wet. make sure they are sealed good especailly in a door. tons of chances for moisture.
                  I just used hdpe (cutting board) to make my spacers. No chance of swelling.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

quik noob question, are the 2 speakers in the doors the only ones in my 90-91 coupe?

Comment

Originally posted by zmanwit90accord View Post
                      quik noob question, are the 2 speakers in the doors the only ones in my 90-91 coupe?
                      You should have two more in the back deck. I've never owned a coupe but I would think they would have two more speakers in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                        You should have two more in the back deck. I've never owned a coupe but I would think they would have two more speakers in the back.

i checked there and unless theyre hidden, i dont see them. usually they have that grill on them right? thats how they look in every sedan ive even been in.

Comment

Look in the trunk, you should see them hanging from the deck.

Comment

well here is my trunk... dont see nothin hanging down that looks like speakers

here is my right door...suspiciously missing a speaker

and heres the speaker that came out of the driver side door

Comment

Like I said i've never owned an accord coupe or bee inside one so I honestly have no clue. But if they do have speakers in the back, and I would think that they do, they should be in the back deck or they would be behind the plastic panels on the sides in the back. When you sit in the back seat the plastic to your left and right may have speakers behind it. I really don't know though. This is the first cb i've owned and it's a sedan.

EDIT: Ok I went and checked on crutchfield and it says that you have 6 and 1/2's in the back deck. Open your trunk and look underneath the rear deck and you should see the magnet for each speaker on each side. If there isn't any speakers there then you should at least see the holes cut out for them.
                              Last edited by Brandoncb7; 08-31-2009, 12:48 AM.

Comment

ok heres my decklid...

and heres under the trunk where magnets should be right?

and this is rear side panel

im still clueless

Comment

Working...
                                X