Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

front door speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front door speakers

so i got these 6 1/2 inch speakers for my front doors and they dnt fit=/ its too wide and look like they go in 2 deep. anyone noes which ones would go in easily.
    2004 Accord Sedan CM6 (daily)
    Koni Yellows, Hood Bra,Splash Guards,Deck Lid,Weather Mats,Sunroof Visor,Fog Lights <-All OEM, Mugen Door Visors, 07 Tsx Wheels.
    1990 Accord Coupe CB7 (project)
    H22 Swap, Skunk2 Springs on Koni Str.t, Rear Disk Swap, Fog Lights, 92-93 Trunk Conversion, 02 Accord Rims

can anyone atlease help me wit my problem??
    Koni Yellows, Hood Bra,Splash Guards,Deck Lid,Weather Mats,Sunroof Visor,Fog Lights <-All OEM, Mugen Door Visors, 07 Tsx Wheels.
    H22 Swap, Skunk2 Springs on Koni Str.t, Rear Disk Swap, Fog Lights, 92-93 Trunk Conversion, 02 Accord Rims

Comment

you should be able to google it and see what size fits in

Comment

you have to get the door pods from a dx/lx. The junkyard would be your best bet.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by drzcb7 View Post
          so i got these 6 1/2 inch speakers for my front doors and they dnt fit=/ its too wide and look like they go in 2 deep. anyone noes which ones would go in easily.

Buy spacers
          or pay a stereo shop the approx $40 it is to install them.

Comment

Take the stock plastic speaker pods and cut the back off of them where all you are left with is the plastic circle that screws into the door. If still the 6 & 1/2 won't fit then trim some more. I had to make my own out of the stock speaker pods plus the mounting ring that was supplied with my component set. It took a little while with the trimming and everything but I finally got it to fit perfectly and they have sounded great ever since. Just pm me if you keep having problems and I can get some pics tomorrow or whenever you need them if you need some visual aids.

Comment

Originally posted by drzcb7 View Post
              can anyone atlease help me wit my problem??

i had the same problem in my 90 LX coupe

i needed 5 1/4's not 6 1/2's and they bolted right in with no problem and no cutting or fitting at all. i just got the adaptor plugs (no cutting of wires either) and was done in 20 minutes
              http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

thanks guys and yeaa thts wat i did wit my 4 door i only cut out the back plate .. but my coupe givin me problems .. but ima try wat ya say .. i'll let ya noe how it went.

Comment

why not cut some MDF rings out of .75 and screw them into the door and then u can pretty much put in any 6.5 u want!
                  Members Ride sold...
                  I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18 View Post
                    why not cut some MDF rings out of .75 and screw them into the door and then u can pretty much put in any 6.5 u want!
                    mdf rings sound cheeper but remeber to paint them
                    kiss my grill
                    Members Ride

Comment

2cnd

Originally posted by Smoken_ducky7 View Post
                      mdf rings sound cheeper but remeber to paint them
                      2cnd....
                      My System
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                        you have to get the door pods from a dx/lx. The junkyard would be your best bet.
                        thats the only way to do it clean
                        I LOVE MY RHD HONDA
                        I DO WIRE TUCKS AND ENGINE HARNESS!
                        THEWHOLEKREWMOTORSPORTS
                        ALLTHINGSPROPER.COM

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_CB790EX View Post
                          thats the only way to do it clean
                          thats a little narrow minded and not to mention u still have to worry about how deep ones speaker is.
                          Members Ride sold...
                          I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

I put some 5 1/4" and sealed then into my front speaker pods.

Made sure they were all sealed, had it for almost 5 yrs, and they still sound great.

I compare it to my moms GST with infiniti instaled by TWEETERS. She thinks the pros riped her off couse my $50 fronts sound so clear. Im very good at tuning audio, witch means 10x more that the products you buy. My entire audio set up, EVERYHTING, tweeters, crossovers and all (8 spkrs) cost me about $150 couse i can work with anything i can get.

I am trying to up to 6 1/2" and im gonna try the same procedure i use with the 5 1/4"s.
                            Last edited by AllWhiteCoupe; 11-14-2008, 05:03 PM.

Comment

how did you seal them, did you just close up the holes on the pod?

Comment

Working...
                              X