Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

mounting amp on the rear seat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mounting amp on the rear seat.

I was wondering on how to mount my amp to the back of my rear seats, i was looking and all i see is foam and nothing much else to mount to.. suggestions? searched the forum but didn't see any other threads on this.

all help is appreciated!
    Patiently Waiting.

MRT

The back of seat has a metal/plastic piece all the way across on it. Just run some screws into that and you'll be good, just make sure that your screws aren't too long or else they'll come through into the seat itself.
    Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

haha o shit.. lol that wouldn't be fun. haha; having a vibrating screw stabbing the passangers back as I slap along... lol. would those self tapping screws work?
      Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

i used some 8 x 1/2 in self drilling screws . they workd great...

Comment

Originally posted by sideswipe View Post
          The back of seat has a metal/plastic piece all the way across on it. Just run some screws into that and you'll be good, just make sure that your screws aren't too long or else they'll come through into the seat itself.
          X2 you can screw straight into the metal - You only need to use 10 - 15mm long screws.

My old setup:

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

here's how i mounted mine:

just some simple screws, I don't remember what kind but they were about an inch-inch and a half long.
            Last edited by Losiracer2; 10-02-2008, 05:26 AM.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

you'll be fine! i used household screws to screw my alpine amp in and can't be felt from the other side plus i always ride with the seat thing down =] more bass =]

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

I took the upper portion of my rear seat apart and removed the plastic shroud from the 'hump' that flips down, and inserted a board behind the metal.

You don't need to do this, but my amp weighs around 30lbs, and I felt it was necessary in my case.

If you'd like pictures or a mini guide on how to do it, let me know.. but, as others have said, for small amps (like the ones pictured in this thread) using a course screw should be fine.

-mak

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
                Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
                Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
                [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

thanks man.. I wanted to know the same thing this really helps by looking at the pictures..

Comment

I use a piece of plywood 1/8" just to be save.

ホンダ アコード・ワゴン CE1
                    My eBay Items
                    Traveling? BOOK HERE!!

Comment

be carefull with screwing in to the metal of the seat ... with some amps it will cause a ground loop and you can get noise creeping in to the system ... not all the time just certain amps will do this ...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys. I successfully got it all wired up with a cp fan hooked up to keep it cool. I just gotta wire in a switch to control the fan wen I don't want it to be on. I'll get some pics up soon to show u guys how it went.
                        Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

pull the back part of the seat apart and cut you a piece of mdf that will fit the seat. Run some screws in threw the MDF and the metal on the seat frame and then put the seat cover back over it.. then you can mount whatever to it and have a good base.

Comment

Originally posted by ssmcb7 View Post
                            pull the back part of the seat apart and cut you a piece of mdf that will fit the seat. Run some screws in threw the MDF and the metal on the seat frame and then put the seat cover back over it.. then you can mount whatever to it and have a good base.
                            Yea that's more or less what i did here's some low quality pictures.. (late at night after work) ill get some better ones tomorrow

thanks again for all the advice guys!
                            Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

very clean install, good job! although im not too sure how necessary that fan is.

Comment

Working...
                              X