Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

whinning noise through speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whinning noise through speakers

i hooked up a system hear a whinning noise while driving gets louder when going faster can someone help its annoying:angry
    ~PANAMA~

Its alternator noise. Do you have an amplifier hooked up in your car?

Comment

check your grounds on your AMP
      (pretty sure you've installed one)

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

X2 check the grounds. Poor grounds often cause alternator whine.
        The ground should be on clean steel (paint sanded off) and on a suitable part of the body. Then paint over the ground once it has been connected to prevent rust

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

make sure the RCA's are ran on the oppisite side of the power cable for the amp, and if the above suggestion for the ground cable is fine, check your amp itself, then the stereo itself. I mean replace them with something else. I don't have many posts, but I am 30, and a reputed bass head. All of these suggestions are problems I have had.
          F22a1, T3/T4 turbo, Greddy Type RS BOV on left-over AEM CAI piping, Turbo XS manual boost controller, PHAT intercooler, Crzy tuning, Walbro fuel pump, AEM FPR/fuel rail/pulleys/cam gear, Gude cam and throttle body, MSD ignition/cap/coil, NGK wires and Iridium plugs, Fidanza flywheel, ACT clutch, Nuespeed short shifter

9 lbs on stock internals (for 10 min)
          16.2 1/4 mile with basics
          ??.? 1/4 mile with turbo
          139 hp with all bolt-ons
          ??? hp with turbo

STAY TUNED

Comment

yea ground wire if not hooked up correctly will cause alot of noise

Comment

Originally posted by carbonaccord69 View Post
              make sure the RCA's are ran on the oppisite side of the power cable for the amp, and if the above suggestion for the ground cable is fine, check your amp itself, then the stereo itself. I mean replace them with something else. I don't have many posts, but I am 30, and a reputed bass head. All of these suggestions are problems I have had.

Try connecting a "Ground loop isolator" ..Works great and super easy to install. you can get one at radio shack or audio store.

their like 5-10 bucks.

all you have to do is connect the rca's into the isolator right before the amp.

You can also get this kind of interference when you run your main power wire to your amp from the battery on the same side as the RCA cables as stated by the quote. I myself had an issue with my fuses popping on my amp, I re-routed the cables and sanded and re-grounded the wires, and problem solved.

Good luck
              Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

get a 1-2 farad capacitor......it will clean up your grounds......and balance your bass so you always hit deep on your stock car.....

How many of these ground noise thread are there?

Comment

Working...
                X