Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Making 6X9's fit in 6.5 space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making 6X9's fit in 6.5 space

I have some really nice Boston Acoustic 797 speakers that I want to put in the back of my LX that only has room for 6.5's. What tool would be good to cut out the space I need? Not a torch, but something like tin snips that can get the job done.

And I assume I will need new speaker covers for the back but maybe I can use the old ones if I'm clever.
    Good things happen to people who know me.

get EX speaker pods from a junkyard
    and cut that damn metal out with a crazy dremel
    the trunk torsion bar was in the way in my case so have at it with a hacksaw

Originally posted by kc8enb07
    does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7GHOST View Post
      get EX speaker pods from a junkyard
      and cut that damn metal out with a crazy dremel
      the trunk torsion bar was in the way in my case so have at it with a hacksaw
      I do have a nice big Dremel (not a pun). What should I use to cut the metal with the Dremel? I don't want to be grinding away for like 30 minutes (not a pun).

The Boston Acoustics aren't too deep. I don't want to kill my trunk torsion bar. Isn't that the thing that makes it go POP when I pull the remote trunk opener?

Oh, I forgot to mention in the original post. These are the speakers that I re-foamed. I bought some Silicone II adhesive/sealer. These are ready to ROCK!

Comment

as long as you leave a littel tip on each side. i cut a little end off each side to fit mine in. i actualy did it with a saw and it didnt even take 10 minutes, so you should be fine with your dremel.

Comment

i got ex pods and no cutting was required but depending onthe mounting depth youmght need to due to larger magnets
          h23a3 lxinks

Comment

i just cut a big ass hole, made a custom deck out of ply wood (eliminated third brake light) cut a 6x9 hole in that, and put it all in. carpeted it of course.... but thats probably the hardest way to do it

Comment

I put some nice 6 x 9 in my 92 Accord EX and they fit perfectly and there was no need to cut anything and was able to re-used the car speaker cover, so the thieves do not see that have nice aftermarket speakers.

Now I am trying to fit 6 1/2 component speaker in front door and the tweeter on the top corner of the door; I removed the plastic that had the 5" stock ones and have 6 1/2 but are bad.

I do not know if they will sound ok without an amp.

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
                Someones got cock on the mind...You may not need to cut anything to make them fit. I didn't have to cut anything.
                Hey meat gazer! What's up?

Comment

JDM CB 90-93 REAR 6X9 SPEAKERS WITH PODS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=330272908878

Comment

Originally posted by JSMexUsa View Post
                    I put some nice 6 x 9 in my 92 Accord EX and they fit perfectly and there was no need to cut anything and was able to re-used the car speaker cover, so the thieves do not see that have nice aftermarket speakers.

Now I am trying to fit 6 1/2 component speaker in front door and the tweeter on the top corner of the door; I removed the plastic that had the 5" stock ones and have 6 1/2 but are bad.

I do not know if they will sound ok without an amp.
                    Mine (6x9) fit fine in the hole with an average magnet size. Good luck with the 6 1/2 in 5 hole, it's worth the power handling and the better range. As far as the sound, I'm sure they sound fine w/o an amp since the components split the frequencies and are really more efficient, but I'd find a 4x100 amp and take advantage of the power handling. RMS is a huge factor when comparing decks and amps
                    F22a1, T3/T4 turbo, Greddy Type RS BOV on left-over AEM CAI piping, Turbo XS manual boost controller, PHAT intercooler, Crzy tuning, Walbro fuel pump, AEM FPR/fuel rail/pulleys/cam gear, Gude cam and throttle body, MSD ignition/cap/coil, NGK wires and Iridium plugs, Fidanza flywheel, ACT clutch, Nuespeed short shifter

9 lbs on stock internals (for 10 min)
                    16.2 1/4 mile with basics
                    ??.? 1/4 mile with turbo
                    139 hp with all bolt-ons
                    ??? hp with turbo

STAY TUNED

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                      JDM CB 90-93 REAR 6X9 SPEAKERS WITH PODS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=330272908878
                      Yea, that'd be your easiest way. Doesn't really matter what size your magnet is, if you get these. I still have a buncha room when I put the Kenwoods in. Real easy to install too. Your car might already have the factory holes for it? If not, it's only 3 holes you'll have to drill, in the shape of a Triangle.

Kinda looks cool in the rear dash too. I have kids question where I got them. "Man, where'd you get those. They're nice". Yea, they came with the car.
                      98' Mustang 3V Swap
                      11' VW CC R36

Comment

Sawsall FTW
                        A jack of all trades.. An ace of none.

There are two kinds of people in this world... H22 swappers and F22 builders

Comment

Working...
                        X