Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Upgrading Amp Wire !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading Amp Wire !

So I currently have 10 gauge looking to put 8 quage Battery and Ground
    I bought 15 feet to have enough got it for $1 a yard got a really nice blue for the ground! Before I had the 8 gauge just go through the fender and down to the seat through the door......10 gauge is too fat it doesnt fit!

wheres a good spot to pass the wire? Do I have to drill?I dont want to make holes! If I have to wheres a good spot !

Direct me to a DIY...... show me some pictures or something......any help or comments are welcome!
    let me know
    thanks

Passenger floorboard, behind the carpet, up behind the dash is a rubber grommet. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
      Passenger floorboard, behind the carpet, up behind the dash is a rubber grommet. Enjoy!
      ok I figured it would be through there but it seemed like I had to take everything apart from behind the glove box.....I wanted to be sure that was the best place....Might do it tomorrow thanks

Comment

I have 2 - 4AWG cables, the wiring for my fogs and a few random 14-16AWG power wires run through that hole where the rubber grommet is in the firewall, just above the ECU.. it's truely the best place to run wires through the firewall on a CB7, short of making a new hole or, in the case of double runs of 1/0AWG, running it in PVC tubes under the car

Good luck, this task should be VERY easy with 8AWG cable.

-mak

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
        Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
        Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
        [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

if your an auto cant you run it where the clutch reservoir would be

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord View Post
            Does the clutch reservoir reside near this grommet?

I wouldn't know, I haven't owned or worked on an autotragic CB7.. well, ever

-mak

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
            Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
            Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
            [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

Originally posted by mak View Post
              Does the clutch reservoir reside near this grommet?

I wouldn't know, I haven't owned or worked on an autotragic CB7.. well, ever

-mak
              ok let me rephrase it, if you an auto you don't have the clutch reservoir, so you should be able to run it that way were the clutch reservoir is.

Click Me

Comment

Nah...My CB has a standard 5 mt!

Comment

Originally posted by radiuslight View Post
                  Nah...My CB has a standard 5 mt!
                  then yeah run it near the ecu i saw a good 3inch hole for wires to run there today working on my car.

Click Me

Comment

run it though the fire wall behind the computers on the passenger floor bored.

Comment

I ran mine through the grommet works great!

93 SE
                      Junked The 90 LX

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                        Is this rubber grommet behind the glove box? If it is then don't you need to remove the box?
                        Thanks.

Comment

I have an auto.

My dad helped me install power wire about 10yrs ago, he took it across the engine bay and through a gourmet on the drivers side near the FITV valve, a tad lower on the firewall. Worked like a charm, obviously makes the power wire 2-3 longer since it has to go across the engine bay(I used wireties to keep it neat).
                          90 accord EX automatic F22A4 232,500
                          DIY ram intake
                          0gauge/4gauge BIG 3
                          stock alt rewound to 120amps
                          optima orange top 830cca 1030ca
                          fully synthetic valvoline "Max Life" 5w30

Other rides:
                          2004 Jeep Liberty v6
                          2001 Honda civic ex coupe 1.7 vtec

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                            Is this rubber grommet behind the glove box? If it is then don't you need to remove the box?
                            Thanks.
                            If you open the passenger door, remove the plastic door sill, remove the other piece of plastic in front of it. Pull the carpet back and you'll be able to see the metal cover that your ecu is behind. Follow the firewall up above the ecu cover and you should see it. You DO NOT have to remove the glove box. I took a razor blade and cut an X in mine and ran the wiring through. Push the wire through from the inside of the car and then pull as much as you need to route it to the battery. Good luck and hopefully this helped.

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord View Post
                              Thats dumb. Totally opposite side.
                              If you look behind you charcoal canister there is the spot where the OEM fog harness goes. from under the dash its to the left of the evap. drain. just have to punch out the hole in the insulation.
                              wat?

Comment

Working...
                              X