Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Component Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Component Speakers

I'm looking to get some components but before I buy them I was wondering, how do you wire them? Where do you put the crossover? How do you mount the tweeters? Thanks

Underground.Society
    Originally posted by Deevergote
    If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Their instruction that come with the components on how to install them and diagrams if any cutting is required and you dont either have the tools or have the confidence that maybe a pro has id just take it to your local car audio shop and have them install them professionally

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

^^^^^ agreed. i installed for a while and it took me a little bit to understand the component wiring. If you think you can, the crossover goes where ever the hell you like as long as it is wired in. the don't really generate heat or anything. In my CB the one i had didn't fit inside the door without interfering with the window so i put them behind the console by the firewall.

Comment

i've seen the crossover often placed in the door's little bottom slot (don't know the officlal name). although this does imply drilling some holes leanding out to it also.

as for the wiring, REALLY easy, just follow the instructions and you'll be fine.

and for the tweeter, they have drill bits that are an inch thick, those go great because it creates the perfect circle, your tweeter will slide right in. So now all you gotta decide on is a location for it.

good luck!

Comment

If you get/have a deck with a built in crossover you won't have to worry about installing an external one and as far wiring that's the easiest part. Just make sure you match up positive/positive and negative/negative and also get your lines going to the right locations so that you can fade your sound properly (FL/FR & RL/RR) when finished.
          I also have my components set up with 10ga wire but that isn't completely necessary, mine are 160 watt 3-way Pioneers that have a 4 channel 300 watt Pioneer amp pushing them. The thicker the wire the better the sound/power distribution is.
          Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

sideswipe is right, but i gotta say 10ga is a tad overkill

Comment

Originally posted by jcoleman_11 View Post
              sideswipe is right, but i gotta say 10ga is a tad overkill
              Ya, but I rewired my whole system with upgraded line so I went ahead and put 10ga on my components and 8ga on my subs with a 600 watt amp pushing those (2 12's). I run nothin but highs through my 6 1/2's and lows through my subs, the overall sound I get is clear as hell. It just depends on what you plan on doing in the end to get what you want.
              Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

just to add something, i just noticed in your sig you got stock speakers in th back. now, dont get me wrong, component speakers are a good move, but if u got those type Rs in teh trunk, you needs some mids and highs. i would highly recommend swapping those stocks with a good par of 3-way 6X9s, youd be surprised the difference they can make....

just my two cents.

Comment

Yeah I'm just going to buy some coaxial 6x9s for the back and upgrade the 5 1/4s in the front to 6 1/2 comps

Underground.Society
                  Originally posted by Deevergote
                  If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

cool, just make sure they are 3-ways, most coaxials only come as 2-ways, so you only get the one tweeter, but 3-ways give you a tweeter and a mid, gives you much better range and clearer sound. and usually the 3-ways are only 10 bucks more. definetly worth it!

Comment

just to add something, i just noticed in your sig you got stock speakers in th back. now, dont get me wrong, component speakers are a good move, but if u got those type Rs in teh trunk, you needs some mids and highs. i would highly recommend swapping those stocks with a good par of 3-way 6X9s, youd be surprised the difference they can make....

just my two cents.
                      IMO rear speakers are a waste, they don't really add to the sound stage.

Now I am running Tang Band 6x9s in the rear, but that is cause I have no subs. They are not full range, they are rated to about 500 Hz. They will be lowpassed to about 100Hz.

If you have a good front setup you won't need a rear. Hearing setups with full range rear speakers creeps me out now.

As far as the components the setup is pretty straight forward. Just get a Haynes manual to see how to take apart the door and all that.

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i will admit that front speakers is where you should put your money, but ive gone througha few set-ups, im a huge car audio enthusiast, and i love it loud. ive noticed that having 3-ways really helped range and clarity. i guess just like styles of music, people have their preference in sound. since i listen to only hip-hop in my car, and theres a ton of bass in that kind of music, i need all the mids and highs i can get.

the 6X9s i had before were rated at 100 watts rms and i replaced them with some 30 watt rms just becuse they were 3 ways. they were beign powered off the H/U/ so they are only getting 22 watts rms anyways. but the 30rms ones sounded much better. just my opinion.

Comment

3 ways , 4 ways, 5 ways FTL, just do a good component set up either a 2way(mid, tweet) or 3 way(mid bass, mid range, tweet) set up running in an active crossover network owns over a passive crossover 2 way network and rear speaker any day of the week.

Comment

i will admit that front speakers is where you should put your money, but ive gone througha few set-ups, im a huge car audio enthusiast, and i love it loud. ive noticed that having 3-ways really helped range and clarity. i guess just like styles of music, people have their preference in sound. since i listen to only hip-hop in my car, and theres a ton of bass in that kind of music, i need all the mids and highs i can get.

the 6X9s i had before were rated at 100 watts rms and i replaced them with some 30 watt rms just becuse they were 3 ways. they were beign powered off the H/U/ so they are only getting 22 watts rms anyways. but the 30rms ones sounded much better. just my opinion.

rated at 22 watts at full volume and 1%thd so in average listening levels its more like 11-16 watts. Just like when radios say they have 8 volt pre-out but thats at max volume

Comment

well honestly..i barely use components like that especially down here in Tampa..we mostly use Eminence or Selenium mids..they get loud and clear plus all u need is 4 6s and u be happy..thats my 2cents..good luck and plus u be cheaper going our route too..loud and cheap..

we took out a pair of Alpine TypeS 5x7 w/crossover tweeters to go with Selenium mids no complains and never regrets the upgrade..

Comment

Working...
                              X