Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What do you think of this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think of this?

UPDATE!

Well the system is complete. It hits pretty hard. It isnt super loud but it sounds great.
    Heres some pictures and a video for those of you who are intrested in the setup. Yes I know its not in a cb. Its in my CD for now. Also the camera I used for the video did not pick up ANY bass at all. All it picked up was the rattling of my doors and truck. The bass is loud and sounds great in person.

UPDATE #2

I had the sub box covered in Line-X Spray on Truck Bedliner. (I work there)
    Got 10 guage speaker wire from Knukonceptz (great wire)
    Infinity Reference 6.5s for the front doors. ( infintys to come for the rear)
    Hopefully a 4channel amp to come sometime

HU: Alpine Cde-9881
    Sub amp: Alpine Mrp M-500
    Sub: Alpine Type R 12"
    Front Speakers: Infinity Reference 6 1/2"
    Rear Speakers: Powerbass 6x9's =(
    Box: 2^3 Ported to 32hz

NEW VIDEOS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBC0hv9BirU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUUBEe4jBEs
    Last edited by accord90cb; 11-21-2008, 09:52 AM.

90 Accord LX Auto
    Engine-F22A1
    Mods- Intake, Full exhaust, Strut bar, lowering springs.

Future Plans- Paint

well, honestly, those type Rs hit pretty hard, so its not a bad choice, especially for the price they were listed at on your link.

and the amp would be perfect, because the type r is 500 rms, and its DVC, so you can drop teh load to 2 Ohms. The amp at 2 Ohms is 500 rms also. so its perfection really, perfectly equal.

in my opinion, id go for it, i dont think you'll regret it, 500 rms in one 12 inch, thatll hit hard man. hope you get it!

and port that type R!

Comment

the new type r's hit hard for what they are.

Red Wagon DD - 1993 EX
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172734
      Gray Wagon Project - 1992 LX
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=166337

Comment

Update /\
        Last edited by accord90cb; 09-11-2008, 09:17 AM.

90 Accord LX Auto
        Engine-F22A1

Future Plans- Paint

Comment

Originally posted by accord90cb View Post
          Alright, Thanks for the replies.
          I managed to get a brand new Type R for just over $100 shipped. I also got the mrp m-500 amp. I found plans for a ported box that was in the area of the recommended specs. It was my first time building a box so its not perfect but i believe it will work.

Looks like ya did a good job, throw some carpet on it and your ready to go

Comment

looks like you did a very nice job. keep posting pics, let us know how it sounds!!

Comment

where did you find the plans for the box? i have one sound stream 12 and i'm thinking of building a new box for it. it's in a round port box right now ,but i like your box , so i want to build one.

Comment

Heres the thread http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137804

The box I built was 2^3 with the port tuned to 32 hz

http://img34.imageshack.us/my.php?im...z30sqin7cb.png

90 Accord LX Auto
                Engine-F22A1

Future Plans- Paint

Comment

Originally posted by preludejim View Post
                  where did you find the plans for the box? i have one sound stream 12 and i'm thinking of building a new box for it. it's in a round port box right now ,but i like your box , so i want to build one.
                  nice, im a big fan of soundstream

Comment

Updated

90 Accord LX Auto
                    Engine-F22A1

Future Plans- Paint

Comment

Originally posted by southsidecb7z View Post
                      Looks like ya did a good job, throw some carpet on it and your ready to go
                      That is a nice job looks like its really well built.......I'm pretty sure it holds up really good......but it wasnt built right the screws are in the wrong places!

but like I said I'm not trying to put you down cause you made a nice box!

Comment

Originally posted by radiuslight View Post
                        That is a nice job looks like its really well built.......I'm pretty sure it holds up really good......but it wasnt built right the screws are in the wrong places!

ummm are u a screwing pro???
                        Members Ride sold...
                        I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18 View Post
                          ummm are u a screwing pro???
                          Thats what she said...
                          Ray
                          1992 EX Sedan, Manual
                          CB7Tuner Illuminati Member #: 18362

JGY Honda

Comment

Originally posted by radiuslight View Post

Yeah I didnt space the screws evenly an put some in places they probably shouldn't have gone. I just wanted to make sure it was strong and I was planning to cover it anyway.

90 Accord LX Auto
                            Engine-F22A1

Future Plans- Paint

Comment

Nice choice on your system. That looks to be a very well made box
                              1990 LX Coupe-----1992 LX Sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X