Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best location to hide amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best location to hide amp

I have found that there is lots of room to install the amp under the driver's seat. Are there many others that do the same? If not, where do you mount yours?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116662

I'm not a fan of mounting under the seats. There's too much chance of a backseat passenger kicking it and breaking connections or worse. Mine hides behind the back seat.

Something about the angle I took this at makes it look more off-center than it really is. It sits on 1" copper legs to allow the stinger crossflow fan on the left side to blow air under it.

Comment

i have mine between the back seat and sub box. overheats sometimes which is bad but for now it works until i upgrade

Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #41

92 ex 5spd

Comment

Originally posted by 92_EX_Ninja View Post
        i have mine between the back seat and sub box. overheats sometimes which is bad but for now it works until i upgrade
        same here. previous owner has a after market alarm brain under driver's seat. its huge. i think its old dont work. dont care to take it out.thanks for telling us were your amp is though. im on my way.
        you'll love my nuts!

Comment

theres room under the plastic thing in the trunk where the spare goes just take the bolt from the middle of the tire and scoot it towards u and your amp can go behind it more up by the rear seat

Comment

My amp is under my passenger seat, with air blowing from the under the floor.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
            Honda Accord Euro-R
            Honda Odyssey Absolute
            Honda City I-DSi
            Honda Stream

Comment

i bolted my amp,cap,and bass machine to rear of my back seat aand it never over heated i have a 1200 super class d hifonics brutus amp

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Originally posted by d112crzy
              I quit jobs as much as I swap engines.

Comment

90% of people put it on the rear fold-down seats.

Comment

I agree...Ive had my amp mounted on my rear seat for years and no problems at all. Until now, i don't think anyone even knows i have a system.

Comment

Well, I put mine on the rear of my backseat, and put my seat down. Sub(s) hit better that way, I think. But, I close the backseat sometimes. I mean, living in West Virginia...Amp? What's that? haha, but when I'm at home (Baltimore), I just fold the seat back up. Having that lock near the gas tank lever is quite useful.
                    98' Mustang 3V Swap
                    11' VW CC R36

Comment

I have 2 in mine, one is mounted to the back of the rear seat and the other is attached to the underside of the rear shelf right above my sub box. I plan on building an amp rack in my spare tirewell with some neon to match my sub box in the near future though.
                      Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

I screwed mine to the back of my box. My box was home made though..

Comment

ya, put it on your back seat. youll see its a lot more convenient too. if ever you want to adjust your amp or even mess around with the wiring its right there, so much easier then under your seat.

Comment

well i'm going to put mine on to of my sub box b/c there's quite a lot of room. just fold the seats down and i can work on it no hassles. but what is this about overheating?
                            HIX

Comment

sometimes when you drive your amp too hard and its not in a well ventilated area, it can over heat and may cause damage to your internals.

Comment

Working...
                              X