Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

system

wat kind of box is better for 12" audiobahn competition subs. a ported or non ported box?

Depends on what kind of music you listen to. If you want good, tight bass, go sealed. If you want louder, lower bass, go ported

Comment

I'd go with ported if I were you.
      I'm not a big fan of sealed boxes.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

find the specs on your sub, and get a box that matches the recommended volume.

Comment

DO what I did. Email them (I have JL, so I emailed them, hopefully you will get the same fine treatment from audiobahn), tell them what equipment you have HU/amp/sub(s), What the dimensions of your usable space are and ask them what would be the best enclosure for all around listening purposes. JL sent me a custom design for a bandpass tuned to 32 hz to fit right between the wheel wells in the coupe. One of these days I'll get around to building it. lol

Comment

ported

Comment

for a bigger range of bass go with a sealed box. it gives more sound. ported boxes are louder to the point where you lose musical quality....

listen to techno, rap, or a lot of electronic music? go ported. if you listen to a lot of rock/country and a lot of instrumental... go sealed.

if it's a mixture then it's your preference. wider range of sound or a louder bigger sound. the only thing is ported boxes cause a lot of rattles too.

Comment

send me the specs for what your running amp headunit wires and sub specs...ill give you the box layout for sealed or ported and you decide which one to make

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                  for a bigger range of bass go with a sealed box. it gives more sound. ported boxes are louder to the point where you lose musical quality....
                  A ported box that is built correctly gives the same range as a sealed, but more output and is just as musical. The reason why it doesn't sound as "tight" as a ported box is because the sub doesn't have a bump in that frequency range (around 45hz) like a sealed box.

listen to techno, rap, or a lot of electronic music? go ported. if you listen to a lot of rock/country and a lot of instrumental... go sealed.

if it's a mixture then it's your preference. wider range of sound or a louder bigger sound. the only thing is ported boxes cause a lot of rattles too.
                  Ported boxes don't cause rattles, lots of output does. I'm not trying to make you look bad or anything but there are alot of myths in the car audio world. To the OP, if you have the space then go ported.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post

YOUR SIG IS HILARIOUS

Best system I ever had was a sealed box

Depends on the subs, box and amp in question

I hate systems anyways, don't come to NYC.

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

If you've got those subs, you want it loud. If you want it loud, go ported.

Comment

Working...
                      X