Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

searched but, whats the deal with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

searched but, whats the deal with

whats the deal with getting a power wire from the firewall into the cabin of the car..is it really that difficult? whats the easiest way..i dont want to have to rip out the dash for it..im down to drill holes if needed?

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
    out of the game for now but looking

In the passenger side floorboard, pull up the carpet.
    On the firewall, you'll find a hose going through.
    That is the A/C "leak" tube I suppose.
    That's where my power wire is run through.
    That was the easiest/most convenient place I could find.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

depending if your car is a 5spd or an auto u can always go through the clutch cover. if not there is another hole below the ecu with a cover on it that works great if your runng 0/1 awg
      Members Ride sold...
      I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

josh..how did u get to it did u need a flash light to see where the tube goes from is it really just like a get under there far enough to see and ull see the firewall hole type of thing?

Comment

Originally posted by 1990AccordBoy View Post
          josh..how did u get to it did u need a flash light to see where the tube goes from is it really just like a get under there far enough to see and ull see the firewall hole type of thing?
          It's not the easiest thing to do.
          But, it should only take 5-10 mins.

First, pull the a/c tube into the car.
          But, DO NOT pull it all the way in.
          It's a pain in the ass to stick it back through.

Then, jack the car up on stands.
          Get under the car.
          You're more than likely not going to be able to see the tube.
          I had to feel around for it (it's not hard to find).

Then, stick the power cable through under the a/c tube.
          When you've got enough power cable into the cabin of your car, pull the a/c tube back out towards the engine.

Then, just run the power cable do the passenger side of your car under the carpet.

It's not a hard thing to do, it's just a pain.
          But, it's the easiest and most convenient place to run it through that I could find.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I don't remember exactly where I ran it through on my cb, but there is definitely a factory plug that can be removed and the cable run through. I just remember laying upside down on my seat looking under the dash on both sides with the floor mats out until I found something that worked. I've heard of people drilling holes in their firewall in order to run the battery cable, but I've personally never had to. I've always found a spot somewhere, somehow. Good luck to ya
            4 Doors FTW!!!

Comment

there should be a plastic plug under the carpet on the firewall on your passenger side that will just pop out or you could drill a hole big enough hole for your power wire to run thruogh

Comment

im not good wit words maybe some pics haha i still havnt found what josh said cuz i cant find the hole hes speakin of and i lifted my car n couldnt find the ac tube..

Comment

Working...
                X