Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bass

I dont have amplifier. I have a type S front speakers 6.5. My deck is Pionner DEH-P700BT . When I put the super bass the sounds turns terrible . IS this normal? or I just exchange the spekaers

i think you may need an amp. this happened to me.

Comment

did you change the speakers?

Comment

na i sold the car.

Comment

You aren't going to the bass you are looking for from 6.5s.
          Yes an amp would help but leave the super bass off since those speakers distort under a certain frequency

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

yes its only normal when u have shity speakers with no amplifier.
            STUFF FOR SALE!!!
            1992 Accord Lx.
            1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

so do you mean this alpine type S are not good?, whenever I hear the bass, it disorts

Comment

Originally posted by Helmito View Post
                so do you mean this alpine type S are not good?, whenever I hear the bass, it disorts
                Should have gotten the Type R
                I had a pair of 6.5 Sony Xplodes that produced a proper amount of bump, but I had a Alpine w/ ~25x4 HU pushing them.
                Of course they had their limits and I would never turn the volume all the way up b/c the sound would just sound nasty.

I think you may be trying to push those speakers farther than you should.

Last edited by Grey_Fox; 07-21-2008, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Maybe. I hope they are Okey. What would it be a signal that I need to replace them, How would they sound?

Comment

Don't use super bass. It's stupid. The Type S speakers are fine, I have them running off of a 200watt 2 channel and they sound awesome.

You need a proper amp/sub setup.
                    Originally posted by sweet91accord
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Like foamy said you need a proper setup. If you want bass, get a subwoofer... They make great amp and sub packages on www.crutchfield.com.

The reason it is distorting is not because you have reached the speakers limits... You have reached your headunit's amps limits. The amps only provide ~20 watts RMS per channel. Your Alpines should be able to handle 50 watts RMS at least.
                      Go with an external amp setup...
                      Your 6.5 speakers are not meant to make bass. Most people get aftermarket amps and use crossovers to make sure no bass signal goes to those speakers which were not intended to make bass...

And like I said, if you want bass... get a subwoofer.

Also If you didn't understand a word I said... google is your friend...

Comment

Or, the polarity could be off. If you hook a set of speakers with the polarity off, it'll sound like shit, even with an amplifier. Having that issue right now, its just been too hot and I've been too lazy to deal with it. You won't have to change the wiring on both speakers, just flip the wiring on 1, it should work out. But, you'll only get the bass a 6.5" speaker will produce

Comment

"superbass" what do you expect out of 6 1/2" speakers...thats why u by subwoofers if you want "superbass", lol

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

get an amp and a sub or subs and that will fix ur problem,.
                            real rides are built not bought.

Comment

DONT NOT USE A SUPERBASS OR LOUD OR LOUDNESS. if u want more bass you seriously need a sub and amp... doesnt have to be big or powerful a simple 200 rms andsimple 10 will be perfect.
                              Members Ride sold...
                              I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Working...
                              X