Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

bazooka tubes or subwoofer enclosures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bazooka tubes or subwoofer enclosures?

i 'm planing to get a system for my CB7 i have a bazooka tube custom made i heard bazooka tube sound better than woofer box. what you guys think. i'm going for kicker all the way no solobaric! 6.5 front, 6x9 rear and amp for sub

bazooka or box?

I don't like Bazooka tubes.
    A buddy has one in his xB.
    Not a fan.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

im a installer.

tubes are great for those who have crappy small speakers that produce nothing but sound and for those who are looking to "fill in that gap"

they help better usually in a smaller cab more like a truck.

however they have a 10'' powered tube that freaken knocks nice. but not as much as a sub.

i personally prefer 1 nice 12'' or 2 10''.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
        however they have a 10'' powered tube that freaken knocks nice. but not as much as a sub.
        x2, I ALMOST bought a 10" tube for the CB a while back. Heard one in my buddy's civic and it just doesnt have the same sound as a true sub. I don't know if that makes sense or not. Just one of those things you have to hear it to realize the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85 View Post
          x2, I ALMOST bought a 10" tube for the CB a while back. Heard one in my buddy's civic and it just doesnt have the same sound as a true sub. I don't know if that makes sense or not. Just one of those things you have to hear it to realize the difference.
          It doesn't have the "Ummph" that subs do.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

thanks for reply guys i like boxes too like 2 kicker 10" or 12"(way better) i'm undecided

Comment

i would go for subwoofer enclosure i like it better then bazooka tube ya i would get 2 10" or 2 12" but up to u
              My 90 Civic Hatchback.

Check it out and leave a comment.
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194295

Comment

LOL....some of yall are killing me, a "bazooka" is a subwoofer and the "tube" is the type of enclosure=Bazooka tube. 1.5, 2.0, 2.5cu feet is the same no matter if its in a tube, a square, a rectange, or triangle enclosure. if anything the subwoofer and amplified power is the key factor in the equation.

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

I've got both setups. Right now I'm using the cheap ass bazooka tube from walmart. It's got a built in amp, and it sounds decent. I don't want a ton of bass, since I listen to metal anyway. I've got it in there because my PPI amp is f'd up. The tube is a LOT smaller than my enclosure, too.

Depending on the sound you're looking for, and how much bass you want will be the key factors in going one way or the other.

Comment

i have bazooka tube in my trunk.... It roll around because it somewhat round. But then it small and light unlike enclosures i have which is pretty heavy

Comment

Originally posted by hybrid90accord View Post
                      LOL....some of yall are killing me, a "bazooka" is a subwoofer and the "tube" is the type of enclosure=Bazooka tube. 1.5, 2.0, 2.5cu feet is the same no matter if its in a tube, a square, a rectange, or triangle enclosure. if anything the subwoofer and amplified power is the key factor in the equation.
                      LOL. You are very misinformed. If you think that shape of a chamber has nothing to do with the way waves interact and sound, you need to do some reading.
                      Originally posted by sweet91accord
                      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                        im a installer.

tubes are great for those who have crappy small speakers that produce nothing but sound and for those who are looking to "fill in that gap"

they help better usually in a smaller cab more like a truck.

i personally prefer 1 nice 12'' or 2 10''.
                        x2

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                        LOL. You are very misinformed. If you think that shape of a chamber has nothing to do with the way waves interact and sound, you need to do some reading.
                        and actually the shape of the chamber can improve the way the waves interact. the more you chop up the waves inside the box the better. its not going to be an audible difference but overall it can effect it.

but overall you are correct, the shape of the box is not really going to effect it.

imo bazooka tubes blow unless your just looking for filler bass to improve your range. but if your looking to bang, get a amp and sub. and dont cheap out and buy walmart shit like i saw above. if u cant afford good stuff, save up and get them. or buy it peice by peice, i bought the components for my system over a few months, and the dynamat over a 6 month period... and thats with the stuff at dealer cost. if u wanna hang with the big boys your gonna need to spent some chedda.

Member Ride Facebook
                        XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                        For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                          actually im not very misinformed, ive been building enclosure for over 9 years i know how the actual correct term "standing waves" work but most are not even an audible notice to the human ear only on paper or a detection device. but for most part it doesnt matter thats why many people fiberglass so they can get that desired shape and not lose bass and sq. ive made many full vented fiberglass enclosure of all shapes and sizes that can hit just as hard as a standard sqaure ported box. How do u think alpine and jbl demo vehicles can pull off cylinder shaped enclosure etc and stil maintain great SPL and SQ.

JUST LIKE UrDonesrh "its not going to be an audible difference but overall it can effect it.

but overall you are correct, the shape of the box is not really going to effect it"
                          Last edited by hybrid90accord; 06-22-2008, 09:04 PM.

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

Originally posted by XcluziveAZN View Post
                            i have bazooka tube in my trunk.... It roll around because it somewhat round. But then it small and light unlike enclosures i have which is pretty heavy
                            Then mount it...

I have a bazooka tube in my 93 cougar and it does very well for the 'filler bass' that i want it to.
                            Then i have a 12'' in my cb7 and it does what i want it to, bounce the car.

It all depends what you want.
                            -Lance- (Formally known as H0ndaspyd3rLM)

Originally posted by H22Artman
                            if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            I posted a nude photo of myself on cd5tuner.com... it broke the site.
                            Bought from: lo_dit, 924dr, Fatman88, 91project, noobcake, loud92cb7

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

And for the record, Bazooka is not a type of subwoofer enclosure, it's a brand name. A Bazooka is a Bazooka™. Anything else is just a bass tube.

And for the record, the vast majority of pre-fabbed bass enclosures suck donkey cojones.
                              ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                              '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                              Short ram intake
                              Tenrai Himoto catback
                              Smashed front end
                              Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Working...
                              X