Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

speaker size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what is the best size to run all the way around?? Front? Rear? And I have Tweeters Behind The Mirrors So I want to run a componet set in the front and ditch the factory BS...

My car came with no speakers or head unit so the SKY is the limmit!!

Oh and its a 90 LX 4 Door...
    Last edited by StinkinLincoln; 12-30-2008, 02:14 PM.

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
    1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
    1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

Originally posted by StinkinLincoln View Post
      So what is the best size to run all the way around?? Front? Rear? And I have Tweeters Behind The Mirrors So I want to run a componet set in the front and ditch the factory BS...

My car came with no speakers or head unit so the SKY is the limmit!! :tu

Oh and its a 90 LX 4 Door...
      i'd do a nice set of 6.5" components in the front running off a amp and you're set. if you're really worried about rear fill you could run another set of 6.5's or some 6x9's.

Comment

Originally posted by InFamouz Cb7 View Post
        lol thats wat U want, i jus want sound in my car, im not an audiophile..thanx for advice tho
        you don't have to be an audiophile... imo if you take the time to make some mdf spacers and run 6.5's in the front, you'll be alot happier! doesn't make sense to run 4's if you don't have to....

loud92CB7db18 is totally correct, however if you really want rear fill by all means run some 6.5's in the rear as well

Comment

I'm planing on adding some 6.5 Componets in the Front and possably 6X9's in the Rear.. And Yes diff a Amp for the Mids And Highs...Like a 500 watt 4ch or something..

As For Bass I'm Going to Be Using 1 RE Audio SX 12" Woffer In a RE AUDIO Spec Ported Box... As for the Amp to the Sub I Will Be Using 1 JL Audio 1000/1 wired to 1ohm at 1000 watts RMS...

What size cap would you recomend??

Comment

Check out my classifield. I have a set of DX pods. Here's the link. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123631
            NEW PSN
            H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
            RIP

Comment

beginner forum man u know no selling ... shoot him a pm next time
              Members Ride sold...
              I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Yea!!

Comment

Yea, I've got an SE and pretty much fabricated the 6.5" speaker to fit in, and everything was all fine and dandy, until I went to put my window down, and BUMP. Hit the magnet. All that work, for nothing.
                  98' Mustang 3V Swap
                  11' VW CC R36

Comment

I have 6.5 all four corners

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18 View Post
                      beginner forum man u know no selling ... shoot him a pm next time
                      Hows that wrong. He cant get in without a password. Im letting him know there some in the classifields. And sending a pm is against the rules too
                      NEW PSN
                      H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
                      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by slammed2tone View Post
                        you don't have to be an audiophile... imo if you take the time to make some mdf spacers and run 6.5's in the front, you'll be alot happier! doesn't make sense to run 4's if you don't have to....

loud92CB7db18 is totally correct, however if you really want rear fill by all means run some 6.5's in the rear as well
                        Hes right a have 5.25 in my doors and 6x9's in the rear and i wish i had of put 6.5's in the front. I might send the 5.25's back and get 6.5's
                        Click Here
                        1991 Honda Accord EX-SOLD
                        1998 Acura Integra LS-SOLD
                        1993 Toyota Mr2 N/A 5spd-SOLD
                        2001 Chevy Tahoe-Daily Driver
                        2006 Honda CBR600F4i-NEW Toy

Comment

i have 6.5s in the front and 6x9s in the back of my se. sounds great.
                          the factory pods were for tiny speakers, you just take the pod out and the hole in the door is for 6.5s, i just used some spacer rings(my speakers actually came with them) to mount the speakers so they didn't touch the windows.
                          i recommend installing with the windows down, that way you know right away if the speakers are mounted too deep.

put in as big of speakers as you can, you'll get much fuller sound out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by InFamouz Cb7 View Post
                            midbass will be in the rear deck lol
                            thats gonna sound horriable.

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

I just got 6.5" for all 4 mounts, they work just fine perfect fit. I have 91 LX btw
                              <br>
                              new sig coming soon. Ive done a lot since i was last on here.!

Comment

Originally posted by Gotz Cb7 View Post
                                Yea, I've got an SE and pretty much fabricated the 6.5" speaker to fit in, and everything was all fine and dandy, until I went to put my window down, and BUMP. Hit the magnet. All that work, for nothing.
                                i installed mine with the windows down . I had to make a mdf ring, i think mine was 3/4, so it would clear the window. Try that, it should work for ya

Comment

Working...
                                X