Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

speaker size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speaker size?

i have a 1990 ex 4 door, i know 6x9's go in the back but i have no clue about what goes in the doors, i've looked around on other sites and i constantly see 4" or 5.25", anyone know the real size?

6.5"
    My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

6x9 in back with 4" front >> EX and SE trim

the other combo is 6.5" all around >> DX and LX trim
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

DX an LX 6.5" all the way around FTW !!!!!
        I sell slightly used tires for cheap, jus pm me what u need!

Hp sells cars, Tq wins races ....
        - 95 Camaro (beast) TOTALED
        - 92 Camaro RS (fixer-upper) SOLD
        -92 Accord LX (slammed) SOLD
        - 95 Jetta (VR-SEX) CURRENT DD

Comment

ALL CB7'S HAVE A 6.5 OPENING!!!!!!! its only smaller if ur using the stock pod which sounds like ass.
          Members Ride sold...
          I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by InFamouz Cb7
            i have a 1990 ex 4 door, i know 6x9's go in the back but i have no clue about what goes in the doors, i've looked around on other sites and i constantly see 4" or 5.25", anyone know the real size?
            I am having the same problem. Not all 6.5 speakers will fit in the front doors. I had a pair of 6.5 eclipse that fit perfectly. Now I am trying to upgrade and have gone through 4 different models of speaker and still no luck.
            One Day At A Time
            "Honda Connaisseur"
            1990 Accord EX Sedan Granada Black Metallic: DD
            1992 Accord LX Sedan Phantom Grey: SOLD
            1993 Accord EX Coupe Seattle Silver:FML SOLD
            1992 Accord DX Sedan: SOLD
            1993 Accord EX Sedan Arcadia Green: Stolen
            1999 Acura Integra LS Coupe Milano Red: Dead
            Bought From: mndude07 h23cb7, deevergote, hondaccordgirl, keeledesign, Fatman88, Jarrett
            Sold To: Timmyotool, mndude07, Mayberry (RIP), greenbme89, DeadlyNome92

Comment

Yea the ex's have a 4" speaker in the front, but you can change to the 6.5" if you use the pods from a DX/LX.

Speaking on oversize speakers, My brother got audiobahns and I had to take out all the stock pods to make them fit. And the door ones didn't have enough space in the back, I used the long screws in the kit. PITA!!!!!!!
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

okay take a piece of MDF and cut a ring for the speaker to fit through.... i used a 3/4 inch piece that will let u mount about any 6.5 mid bass driver u want into the door. its not hard and takes 30 mins if a 12pack of beer is involved. remember to paint the wood before mounting it to the door to keep the wood from swelling. if ur not using a ring of any sorts then u need a shallow mount 6.5
                Members Ride sold...

Comment

im gonna stick with the 4" up front, jus gonna mount some tweeters in the doors also

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy
                    Yea the ex's have a 4" speaker in the front, but you can change to the 6.5" if you use the pods from a DX/LX
                    Are the door pods the same for 2dr and 4dr?

Click ---->***More Parts and Stuff***<---- Click

Comment

Originally posted by InFamouz Cb7
                      im gonna stick with the 4" up front, jus gonna mount some tweeters in the doors also
                      what do u have againist mid bass???? lol thats where most of sound is anyway.
                      Members Ride sold...

Comment

midbass will be in the rear deck lol

Comment

your imaging would be horrible in that car..... u want 6.5s in the front and nothing in the rear.
                          Members Ride sold...

Comment

lol thats wat U want, i jus want sound in my car, im not an audiophile..thanx for advice tho
                            Last edited by InFamouz Cb7; 06-05-2008, 09:12 PM.

Comment

go to any detail store and they'll have software with all the info.

Comment

Working...
                              X