Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

back deck (O_o)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back deck (O_o)

so i was looking at the back deck trying to find what size speaker was there cause i heard the 6x9 fit there but in my 90 ex i have 6.5 holes. i thought ex's came with 6x9 in the back? any help is appreciated

Originally posted by Wolfamongsheep8
    so i was looking at the back deck trying to find what size speaker was there cause i heard the 6x9 fit there but in my 90 ex i have 6.5 holes. i thought ex's came with 6x9 in the back? any help is appreciated
    The EX should come with the 6x9 pods. You have the 6.5. If you want 6x9 go to a Junkyard and pull some from another EX. You can tell the difference when you look at the grille. Hope this helps
    One Day At A Time
    "Honda Connaisseur"
    1990 Accord EX Sedan Granada Black Metallic: DD
    1992 Accord LX Sedan Phantom Grey: SOLD
    1993 Accord EX Coupe Seattle Silver:FML SOLD
    1992 Accord DX Sedan: SOLD
    1993 Accord EX Sedan Arcadia Green: Stolen
    1999 Acura Integra LS Coupe Milano Red: Dead
    Bought From: mndude07 h23cb7, deevergote, hondaccordgirl, keeledesign, Fatman88, Jarrett
    Sold To: Timmyotool, mndude07, Mayberry (RIP), greenbme89, DeadlyNome92

Comment

The actual hole in the rear deck looks to be about 6.5", you can safely screw a 5.25"-6.5" in there. The speaker pods, as mentioned above, came in 6.5" as well as 6x9". The speaker mounts to the speaker pod itself from the factory, not to that metal opening in the rear deck.

-mak

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
      Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
      Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
      [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

Originally posted by mak
        The actual hole in the rear deck looks to be about 6.5", you can safely screw a 5.25"-6.5" in there. The speaker pods, as mentioned above, came in 6.5" as well as 6x9". The speaker mounts to the speaker pod itself from the factory, not to that metal opening in the rear deck.

-mak
        thank you for the information. i guess the junk yard is my next pitstop. what about the door? mine look way smaller than 6.5

Comment

thank you for the information. i guess the junk yard is my next pitstop. what about the door? mine look way smaller than 6.5
          Well in my 1990 ex the speakers in the doors were 4 inch's, but if you want you can remove the speaker pods and fit a 6.5 in there if it is shallow enough because of the window, that is what i did.

Comment

Yea the doors are 6.5" if they still have the spacer still there. If not there is just a 5.25" hole there. You can fit that size speaker in there but will most likely affect the window rolling down all the way.

Comment

so will alpine type s 6.5 fit in the door?

Comment

so will alpine type s 6.5 fit in the door?
                Yes it will, just make sure you have the spacer there. If not you can find some at a junkyard or an audio shop should have them also. Jy cheaper

Comment

I used a dremel on my door panels to be able to fit two Pioneer 6.5" in there, and just drilled holeds through the door panel so I could secure them and used some shop rags some cushion and noise damper to get rid of some rattle. Was able to do all that on the clock at the shop I worked at two years ago. God, I miss that job, but don't miss the 120 degree heat in that sweatbox.
                  God created turbo lag to give eight cylinders a chance.

Comment

Working...
                  X