Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

6x9 in the front door...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6x9 in the front door...?

has anyone done this before and does it sound good? i have 6x9 in the back now and they sound pretty good..and 6 inch in the front but there not that loud

Put a set of component speakers in the front.
    One Day At A Time
    "Honda Connaisseur"
    1990 Accord EX Sedan Granada Black Metallic: DD
    1992 Accord LX Sedan Phantom Grey: SOLD
    1993 Accord EX Coupe Seattle Silver:FML SOLD
    1992 Accord DX Sedan: SOLD
    1993 Accord EX Sedan Arcadia Green: Stolen
    1999 Acura Integra LS Coupe Milano Red: Dead
    Bought From: mndude07 h23cb7, deevergote, hondaccordgirl, keeledesign, Fatman88, Jarrett
    Sold To: Timmyotool, mndude07, Mayberry (RIP), greenbme89, DeadlyNome92

Comment

lol the thought of a 6x9 in the front door of a cb7 is hilarious, but a set of components will def fix the loudness factor

Comment

The thought of a 6x9 in ANYTHING, is hilarious.

They're garbage.
        Originally posted by sweet91accord
        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

i've heard a system with compenents up front and 6x9's in the back with a low pass filter, not bad at all , but now he has something else in the trunk

Comment

whats so funny about 6x9's there loud and good...i have 6 inch polks now in the front and 4 way 6x9's in the rear..i just bought a 2 channel and 4 channel amp today there mtx 2160 and 4160

Comment

people say 6.5's have better sound quality than 6x9's, doesnt matter to me either as long as i can hear the music, but sound quality is ALWAYS brought up when 6x9's are mentioned

Comment

The oval shape of the cone on a 6x9 is horrible for accurate sound reproduction.
                Originally posted by sweet91accord
                if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

danm and I always thought they were great. Im running factory 6x9 and im ok with the sound but Im waiting to get some good pioneers to get clearer sound. The bass comes out alot from the back compared to the front 6.5 I have on on of my cb's

Links to my rides :
                  1992 Accord EX*
                  1990 Accord EX
                  1991 Accord SE (4th)
                  1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                  1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                  1991 Accord SE

Comment

damn dude. 6x9 in the front?

You're going to have to saw all that metal out of the door to make it fit and worry about window clearance issues.

You you can make it stick out of the pod and make create hole for it on your door panel.

Or you can just get some 6.5's.

Comment

dont waste your time with 6x9 in the fromt just get some good 6.5's and wire in your amp
                      im running infinity 6.5's all the way around with a kenwood 4 chanel and it sounds awesome and i get compliments all day long

Comment

There was someone who did this. Let me find the thread.

EDIT: Found it, 6x8's but close enough. Personally I think it would sound like shit

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84354
                        Last edited by Tnwagn; 05-24-2008, 02:36 PM.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                        Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

i just bought a mtx 4160 4 channel amp and a mtx 2160 2 channel amp...i am running pionner 6x9's in the rear and im buying new 6 inch pioneer 4 ways for front should i run the 4 channel to all the speakers and how should i wire it? from the factory wires under the dash where the head unit is or rewire it? from each speaker all the way to the rear? but its hard to hide the wires...and im running a exstra battary in the rear need help with that and some ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Dans92cb7
                            i just bought a mtx 4160 4 channel amp and a mtx 2160 2 channel amp...i am running pionner 6x9's in the rear and im buying new 6 inch pioneer 4 ways for front should i run the 4 channel to all the speakers and how should i wire it? from the factory wires under the dash where the head unit is or rewire it? from each speaker all the way to the rear? but its hard to hide the wires...and im running a exstra battary in the rear need help with that and some ideas
                            run the 4 channel to the speakers and bridge the 2 channel for a sub. You are going to need a battery isolator to run an extra battery. This thread has good wiring options
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=77203

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord
                              run the 4 channel to the speakers and bridge the 2 channel for a sub. You are going to need a battery isolator to run an extra battery. This thread has good wiring options
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=77203
                              its really not a battary is a car audio one its a lil blue one made by shit let me think it starts with a k

Comment

Working...
                              X