Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

road trip music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

road trip music?

trying to build a bit of a playlist (bit of a playlist being 4+ days haha) for some long driving i have ahead of me, i find i listen to a lot of electronic music on the road, because it's usually long, kinda repetitive (not in a bad way, more in a way that you can pay attention to it without really focusing on it all the time), and it translates to real nice steering-wheel tapping music.

i usually like good technical breakbeats with some nice female vocals, or real grimy fast evil drum and bass, but if anyone can think of some good driving songs no matter what the genre (i go from dragonforce to frank sinatra to the fugees to leftover crack to beethoven to black sabbath to thursday to lars fredriksen and the bastards to elton john to mindless self indulgence, so genre isn't really an issue) i just like anything that's really musical and well put together. i can't say i really get into anything super-poppy, and top-40 sounding, which is why i'm not too keen on the radio. anybody have ideas? thanks

-sean

edit: i have an alright system that i'm not afraid to crank right up so don't shy away from the bass-blasting masterpieces!
    MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
    i pulled over and looked under the hood.
    the engine was still there...
    ...silly light!

If you like electronic music, try Andy Hunter. He's a pretty artist, and a couple of his songs have a nice female voice. Enigma also makes some good electronic music, they're kinda different though. When I'm traveling, I like to listen to movie soundtracks for some reason, I guess it makes the trip seem epic or something. I like the lord of the rings soundtracks, especially when driving near mountains.

H22 Fund Cancelled. Flight training underway.

Comment

i personally like vnv nation, and in my car right now i have funeral for a friend, lovehatehero, disturbed, and senses fail.

Another electronic artist you might want to check out is e nomine, i like their stuff.
      Cars:
      91 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      98 Accord LX Sedan
      95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (E3 16G, PTE 780cc, Godspeed FMIC)

Comment

Night at the roxbury soundtrack.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Get the best of Pendulum. 2 cd's - all of the songs are great.

And get Fat of the land by prodigy - that can be used for the graveyard shift
          My Car
          FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

thanks for the suggestions everyone, i'l be checking them out for sure!

mchaley: i have pretty much everything by pendulum and prodigy, and i couldn't agree with you more, great great artists. i just wish prodigy had some new stuff

-sean
            MEMBER'S RIDE

...silly light!

Comment

Grab some wham/george michael, U2, the cure is always good driving music, smashing pumpkins, tears for fears, supertramp, duran duran, cold play, a perfect circle.

I have all these(plus alot more, 500 songs total) on a 2GB flash drive thats hooked up to my headunit all the time, I never use the radio or CD
              wat?

Comment

c91blx7: cure = awesome driving music, good call. i have a 4gb ipod nano in there all the time, i know what you mean about not needing radio or cd! but you'd be surprised how old 4gb of music can get in 4+ days haha

-sean

PS: i see you're in the chicago suburbs, my little road trip may take me through chicago if i take the southern route
                MEMBER'S RIDE

...silly light!

Comment

nas - it was written...classic

Comment

Best of Trance Volume 3.

Maxi Tune Soundtrack

haha me and my techno.. thats when i was in my techno phase. Now im into Old School Hip Hop.

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley
                      And get Fat of the land by prodigy - that can be used for the graveyard shift
                      great cruising cd, some pink floyd is also not bad, as well as tool, some metallica maybe.
                      Driving before toke:
                      Driving after toke:

Promote friendly driving, Toke!

www.myspace.com/fzzy285

Comment

i recommend Moby's " Play" album. or George Michael 's "Amazing".

強百樂的CB7雅閣

Comment

Dj markski
                          Dj inphinity
                          Dj Magix
                          Meh, not feeling the honda game anymore.
                          MY CAR IS SOLD!!!

Comment

Gone in 60 Seconds Sountrack

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

hear are some of my favorite songs of all time, some of them are kind of different but I love them. I don't even know what half of them classify as, they might be hard to find But trust me these all have sick beats

Aphex Twin - Violin Solo? <-I'm not sure it that's even the real artist or name
                              DJ Krush - Big City Lover <-The Best
                              DJ Krush - Keeping The Motion
                              DJ Krush - A Whim
                              DJ Krush and DJ Shadow - Duality
                              DJ Shadow - Blood on The MotorWay
                              DJ Shadow - Building Steam with a Grain of sand
                              DJ Shadow - Changeling
                              DJ Shadow - High Noon
                              DJ Shadow - Midnight In a Perfect World
                              DJ Shadow - Mongrel
                              DJ Shadow - Mutual Slump
                              DJ Shadow - Organ Donar(extended Overhaul) The best<-
                              DJ Shadow - Six Days
                              DJ Shadow - Stem/Long Stem
                              DJ Shadow - What does your soul look like
                              Dj Ton T.B - Electronic Malfunction
                              Clark - Ted <-going to be impossible to find
                              Glogal Deejays - The sound Of San Fransisco <- if you blast this it's sick
                              Robert Miles - Children <- you probably already have it
                              Tommy Guerrero - Organism <-The best
                              Tommy Guerrero - Getting It together
                              Last edited by Stealthman80; 05-12-2008, 01:37 PM.

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Working...
                              X