Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

install problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

install problem

ok so we just picked up a new metrik single din dvd headunit model # LDM-615 and i'm not getting any sound from the unit to the speakers
    every wire is matched properly colour to colour
    now i'm left over with a brown wire... the book says it's for a reverse cam
    does it need to be hooked up?
    any suggestions?
    yes i've connected, pulled apart and reconnected every wire twice now
    my last thought is the unit might be defective i dunno.
    any thoughts would be great
    thanks

don't take this the wrong way but have you tried turning up the volume?

i was just getting ready to swap over the Kenwood from my truck to the Accord. The install paper for the wire harness i bought from wally world said any wires that arent going to be used, should be taped off so to not cause a short anywhere.

Comment

lol yeah i've tried turning up the volume to full lol

Comment

nothing really comes to mind besides the volume since you said you've already tried making sure everything is tight.

i guess just exchange the radio for another unit just in case it is defective.

Comment

have u wired a Deck before????

i never had that problem

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

yeah i've done 6 or 7 installs before. which is why i'm stumped on this one...

Comment

do you have a se?

Comment

are you talking about the trim of the car? if so no it's an lx

Comment

have u hooked up the blue wire with a white stripe? and could u take pics for us??? i can give more info if i had a pic... with the wires spread out a little so i can make out each one.....
                  Members Ride sold...
                  I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

make sure u didnt hook up a mute wire...sometimes tehy are the same color as speakers on cheaper stereo.

if anything its either a bad deck, or a grounded out speaker.
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

all fixed! i can watch movies now

Comment

Originally posted by sexsiangel
                        all fixed! i can watch movies now
                        So what was it?

Comment

Originally posted by vigor-accord
                          So what was it?
                          X2
                          1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                          2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                          3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                          4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                          5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

well there was a solid orange wire which is apparently "amplifier control" so it says whatever that is lol i had it hooked up to the orange and white wire on the stock harness. i pulled it apart and everything worked fine lol
                            only shitty thing about this deck is it doesn't have a sub control

Comment

Originally posted by Cdn Wolf
                              well there was a solid orange wire which is apparently "amplifier control" so it says whatever that is lol i had it hooked up to the orange and white wire on the stock harness. i pulled it apart and everything worked fine lol
                              only shitty thing about this deck is it doesn't have a sub control
                              No sub control? Damn man, why bother then...
                              If it has an internal amp it will need more power, hence why you needed to hook up that orange wire I havent had anything other then alpine, other then my sub amp. Everything else in my car is alpine, and now im looking for a new deck hehe.... one i get my coilovers, this is going to rule!
                              90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                              2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Working...
                              X