Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Whats a good price to get a cb7 painted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats a good price to get a cb7 painted

Painted Black (original color)

Nothing candy or glass shine, just soemthing for a decent daily driver, the paint is fading on the roof and dulling out so its time for a new one.

Maaco will run you $400 something to $1000. Not quality but not bad either.

If you want factory quality paint and paint job then you will pay something like $2000 for the same color as your car, or a lot more if a different color.

But the best way to find out for sure is to go somewhere and get an estimate.

My swap thread
    Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

How bad is it? Post some pics...you'd be surprised what a good detail job can do, especially considering your black paint may be single stage (not sure on this, can someone else confirm?). If that's the case, a decent polish can do wonders to bring life back to the paint, and even if your paint is base coat/clear coat, polishing can make a huge difference. Also, a reasonably complete detail would only run you a couple hundred bucks or so, at the -very- most.

An OEM-quality paint job will be very expensive, and I'd stay away from a Maaco job if I were you. I've heard way too many stories about their paint chipping off after a few months, and I've seen the terrible overspray from a Maaco job first-hand on numerous occasions. That's why I suggest posting some good pictures up, and then we could give you some advice from there about whether a repaint is truly necessary (not second-guessing your judgement or anything...just saying you'd be surprised what a dual-action buffer and some decent polish can do.)
      Last edited by cjv998; 02-26-2008, 02:10 AM.

Comment

its gonna all depend on the place you go. but remember you get what you pay for!

Comment

I paid 300 for mine. Jet black first coat. Second coat was jet black with clear coat mixed in. There was an Ambassador special going on at the time. The Paint job is beautiful. If you Search for "Super Clean Accord" in the begginer picture gallery you'll see a pic of the front end. i recommend fo sho
          COOL!!! < My Ride> '93 EX F22A6

Comment

Working...
          X