Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

interior redo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interior redo

Hey guys,
    I'm planning on redoing my interior (maroon is killing my mojo) in black but I don't know if i should paint my dash or find a black one (do they exist?) or just dash cover it. if i didt paint it would i use plastic paint? or vinyl? oh the quandaries and questions.
    thank you for the help in advance,

~Wolf

Black dashboards can be found in any CB with a beige interior. Arcadia Green ones are quite common.

The Pheonix Red CBs came with a black interior... However, the only ones I've ever seen have been DX coupes. If you have a coupe, don't mind manual windows and locks (not so bad in a coupe), and can find one of those fairly uncommon cars, it'd be an easy enough thing to do.

I agree about the maroon... It's not bad when it's like new, but when it's worn and turns pink... it's hideous!

Don't paint or dye your interior... I've NEVER seen that work well for any amount of time!

Comment

It's not pink...it's Pepto BismolŪ!
      ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
      '93 EX 5-speed coupe
      Short ram intake
      Tenrai Himoto catback
      Smashed front end
      Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

So next time I have diarrhea, I'll be sure to sit in your car!

Comment

yeah ive got a 1990 ex 4-door and the interior looks like katrina got it. there are like 10 junk yard/pick-a-parts around me so ill look in those. did the seats ever come in black (specifically the back one, as i am in the process of buying black
          'lude seats)?

Comment

The seats came in black cloth in the Pheonix Red 91 DX coupe and in black leather in the Silver 91 SE (I don't know the exact color name of that one...)

The coupe rear seats won't fit perfectly in a sedan, I don't think. I might be wrong, though.

Lude seats will take some rail modification, and I've heard a few people complain about adjustment issues with them. It's doable, though.

Comment

i just want front seats that look decent and sit lower. im 6' 5" and in stock seats im like 1.5" away from the roof. if i hit a dip or speed bump fast i have to slouch to not bash my head. my seat never moves so if i can get them in there great. if they do actually work even better.
              ill look into the coupe rear seats and check the specs if they work ill let you know

Comment

yeah i just got done putting racing seats in my accord, I think I sit a bit lower in them, but I managed to use the OEM sliders by welding a bracket onto them and then bolting the seat onto that.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                  The seats came in black cloth in the Pheonix Red 91 DX coupe and in black leather in the Silver 91 SE (I don't know the exact color name of that one...)

seattle silver wasn't it?

i once found one of those 91 SEs with the leather seats still there but they were all fubar. the only thing i managed to salvage were the two head rests, the armrest and the speaker pods. someone beat me to the door panels already.

it didn't dawn on me to grab the trim pieces though but now the car is gone.
                  Last edited by Leung; 02-17-2008, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    Don't paint or dye your interior... I've NEVER seen that work well for any amount of time!

How long are you talking Deev? I've had my interior panels dyed for a year now and they still look great. I'm not arguing, I'm just letting the OP know it can be done.
                    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

just go with an already existing black interior...itll look much better

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                      cleanest oem rims ive ever seen
                      Members Ride

Comment

I would disagree with that man, the poster above you's interior is quite SICK,
                        and given that the most of CB's have over 50,000 miles, there will be some degree of wear/fade in the color, so That seems like a good idea.
                        I've personally had no problem painting my interior parts in the past......
                        Just make sure your prep thoroughly and paint in a clean area with a good breeze for maximum adhesion...Good Luck

Comment

GeistZero has a Seattle Silver 91 SE. If its not an SE, he does have black leather.

GL finding actual OEM "black" INT pieces. Some ppl have dyed their cloth and vinyl. Id imagine the vinyl being easier than the cloth.

I know OEM Grey interiors should be easy to come upon. I have beige(and a black dash ) and i wish i had another color.

IMO, black/grey are ultimate cuz they dont show age, wear, or dirt like most others. colors.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

The ONLY cloth black interior is in the 91 Phoenix Red coupe.

Everyone I know that has painted their vinyl or dyed their cloth has had lousy results. mndude07, you're the first one I've seen that's had it last that long and still look good! Whatever you did, please share!

93twodoorLX is pretty smart when it comes to his mods, and he put a lot of time and effort into his interior. His vinyl is flaking terribly. Rather than dye his door panels, he just recovered them with new cloth. It came out nice, but even that isn't lasting as it should.

And yeah, Honda leather is pretty lousy. I've never seen old Honda leather in good shape!

Comment

Duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint. Flat black, not the gloss. I just taped off the cloth inserts on the doors and (took the panels out of the car of course) just rubbed the vinyl down like 5 times over with 90% isopropyl rubbing alcohol, the kind you can get at walgreen's. After that dried, I just sprayed them with about 3 light-medium coats, and after it was dry for a week or so, then just put a protectant on them like normal.

I don't know if this had an effect on how well the paint has lasted or not, but for the record, I painted mine last winter in like 30-40 degree weather lol.
                              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X