Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

window tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know someone who was talking to a cop once, and apparently here there's someway to get around tinting laws (in Nova Scotia), and actually be able to tint your front window. I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I may look into it.

Comment

I have 20% on my windows, never been pulled over.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebb
        lol.. the legal limit in QC is 70% and mine are 20-25% I believe.. The previous owner of my cb7 never got pulled over for them here and neither did I so far..
        Whats your source, I haven't been able to find an up to date source on Quebec tinting laws.

Comment

My friend uses 5% on his drivers and passanger and 10% on the rears. I think it looks great and works very well too, just that he has been stopped a couple times.

Evolution

Comment

i like as dark as you can get......5%...even though its not legal...i would still do it

Comment

Do the same tint all over the car. I got a lighter tint (20%) on the 2 front doors and limo tint (5%) on the rear doors, back window, and sunroof and have regretted it ever since. I see lexus, beemers, cadilacs, etc all over the place here in Ohio with limo tint all around.

I think that I will get some intersection lights before I get the front doors done with limo tint though. I live in the boonies where there aint no street lights, and it can get difficult to find the correct place to turn sometimes.

Mods so far:
              2.25 inch Cat Back, Cold Air Intake / Prefilter / AEM Bypass, Engine Ground Kit, 92 Vigor Rear Sway Bar, H&R Sport Springs / Tokico Struts, BMW "Bottlecap" Wheels, Integra Front Lip, 3G Prelude Seats, SE-i Armrest / Cupholders, OEM Spoiler, Sunroof and Window Visors, 87 Accord Side Moulding, Tinted Windows / Tailights / Side-markers / Turn Signals, Carbon Fiber Hood

Comment

okay tell them you got a skin disease! that if the sun comes in too much contact
                you will burn up or something and maybe they'll let u go dark on the tint or something lol

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

tints will just hold the amount of sunlight coming in. personally i have 30% all around including my little coupe back windows and its perfect for me because during the day u can see my silouette (not my face) even in direct sunlight. now at night or during a rainy day they work just as good as 5% limo tints. also be aware that the car already comes with a UV tint so whatever % tints u got dont forget to subtract a - 2 or -3. therefore when i got pulled over by police (at night) he though i had limo tint but to his surprise they were at 28% according to his laser scanner. he said they werent too bad but he had to write me up cuz VA is 35%. also be aware that luxury cars dont get stopped by police too often as ours do all the time. damn stereotypes

Comment

just tint the rears dont tint the front...its too much of a risk!
                    ----------------------------------I ♥ My CB7----------------------------------

Comment

i have 5%in the rear glass. 20% in the two rear and 35% on the two front.
                      legal in new york is 30%. yea i currently have 4 tickets one for each window. but im not taking them off i rather pay.

Comment

Originally posted by DRzCB72nr
                        i have 5%in the rear glass. 20% in the two rear and 35% on the two front.
                        legal in new york is 30%. yea i currently have 4 tickets one for each window. but im not taking them off i rather pay.
                        Damn, your such a rebel...lol...How much are these tickets anyways?

Evolution

Comment

they can only really write you up for the front windows! the back windows could be painted flat black, it's not a DOT requirement for any of the other windows other than the front windshield and the front two. Maybe it's different but they can't write you up for the back windows and rear window as far as I know... look up your local laws and take it to court and get those dismissed! The fronts are legal you should be good to go.

Yeah stereotypes suck. Found out AFTER that the blue tint isn't legal. Didn't get pulled over for the first near year, then recently being pulled over for other things (registration was a bit late/tailight went out) they mentioned the tint... but I didn't get a ticket at all those times just mentioned.. either way it's a bit over $100 for a ticket, or just as much to get it re-done, heck more if I have to pay someone else to take it off. Sucks... everyone around here has the 'clear' license plate covers, the whole car will be clean but the cover is terribly discolored and dirty and somehow they are still everywhere... i had a slightly blue one once but i kept it perfectly clean and you could read my plate fine, cop followed me half a mile without knowing what to write me up for, i turn in on my street and he puts his lights on after distancing himself like he was about to let me go... profiling like we don't know what they are doing... heh oh well
                          My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

in NC the limit is 35% i've had 20% on all the way around for over 3yrs now, and the jeep i just bought a month ago i've had the front tinted to 20% to match the factory rear tint.

only problem here is finding a palce that will pass the window tint on inspections, but i know the right places to go.
                            -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                            -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                            -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                            -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by hondatuner4267
                              in NC the limit is 35% i've had 20% on all the way around for over 3yrs now, and the jeep i just bought a month ago i've had the front tinted to 20% to match the factory rear tint.

only problem here is finding a palce that will pass the window tint on inspections, but i know the right places to go.
                              haha lol plenty of those around here! more like they don't even check a lot of stuff. Never mentioned my tint either. if I get a tik i can go to court and if the cop is there i will show date of inspection and date of tint, so they can see that it passed
                              My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

i had 20 on back/back windows and 35 on drivers and never ever got in trouble

but i heard police aren't too strict on suvs/vans!
                                they just after the ricers

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Working...
                                X