Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

window tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

window tint

anybody have any suggestions on how dark i should do my tints?

PYNECB7

The darkest you can go in MA is 35%.

http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html

Comment

cops can be ass holes

i say keep it light in the front and do wat u want to the back and the lil coupe windows
      a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
      out with the old and in with the new

Comment

Like he said, 35% is the legal limit in MA. Sign a waiver and get the next step down...28%??? You shouldn't get harassed.

Two tone tints suck IMO. Get a single percentage all the way around.

Lexus SC300 1JZ-GTE - garage queen
        1991 Honda Accord Ex - daily beats

Comment

a single percentage is your best bet, I say go with the 28% so that way the police are harassing you.

"click the picture for members thread"

Comment

Jon

Originally posted by shern
            Like he said, 35% is the legal limit in MA. Sign a waiver and get the next step down...28%??? You shouldn't get harassed.

Two tone tints suck IMO. Get a single percentage all the way around.
            go with 28% dont be like me i got 15% in the front and 5% in the back i get harassed

Comment

5% all the way around ..i've had mine for 2 years and havent once been pulled over..but ur state might be different
              Members Ride / Facebook

Comment

I've gotten 2 $40 tickets in 10 years with 20% on sides and back. I like it, so its the chance I take.
                1992 Accord EX 4dr 5spd - SOLD after just over a decade of ownership
                2000 Subaru Legacy GT wagon 5spd
                AHM Platinum Parts Counterperson

Comment

Hopefully i'm not jinxing myself for saying so...but...

My TL came with 5% front 10% back. It's two tone, but so dark it's hard to tell. I'm in MA and yes the limit is indeed 35%, but i have yet to get flipped by the boys. It really depends on how much the tint adds to the "attention factor" of your car and how the cops in your area are. For me, the tint is the ONLY thing not stock on the exterior, so it may not be as attention grabbing as if i had i a drop, wheels, a-spec kit AND tint....
                  Bean Town Crew Member #3
                  Lovin' the 6MT w/ Nav TL!
                  "They Aint the REAL McCOY!"

Comment

Simple find out what is the darkest you can go without being harassed and go with that..
                    accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                    ....................My New Baby
                    SOLD TO
                    ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

on my del sol i had two layers of 5%.... i loved it, maybe because of the fact that nobody could see in or out of it.. i always rolled with my windows up and i was never once harassed by the cops, my car is dropped with some ls mesh..cops would run my plates but never pull me over, like one of these other people said, it just depends on the state and city you live in, they are probably strict over there.. i know in dallas they are pretty lieniant about tint,i know on my cb7 i am going 5%.If you plan on going 35% you might as well not even tint your windows because its almost like not having tint at all, if a person has tint i think they should go all out, but that is just my opinion.

Comment

lol.. the legal limit in QC is 70% and mine are 20-25% I believe.. The previous owner of my cb7 never got pulled over for them here and neither did I so far..
                        Last edited by Lebb; 01-02-2008, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pyneCB7
                          anybody have any suggestions on how dark i should do my tints?
                          i went 5% on ever window besides the drive and passanger front i went state law 50% but im about to go 20% they look good on are color cars

Comment

I dont know how strict they are in your town but her in caili the two front windows cant be tintied but the back half of the car can be as dark as u want it. but I have 20% on all my windows lol nice shade for me! not to dark not to light just right

Comment

I got 20% on my!!
                              Accord Of The Month January 09
                              Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                              BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Working...
                              X