Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

right hand drive convestion>?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right hand drive convestion>?

has any one done this to their cb? how much and is it realy worth it just to add Im am interested in this because I saw a right hand drive 92 prelude pull right up next to me and I have to say it was very nice. I guess it would be cool to have a car that stands out like that

seems retarded to me, go drive a mail van
    wat?

Comment

ahaha, my friend says that I would have to buy the whole jdm front clip for like 2,500 and then take it to a local body shop to have them convert every thing and im guessing thats exspensive!

Comment

Originally posted by newjdmdriver
        ahaha, my friend says that I would have to buy the whole jdm front clip for like 2,500 and then take it to a local body shop to have them convert every thing and im guessing thats exspensive!
        theres a guy who did it on here, I respect the work but think its pointless
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...rhd+conversion
        wat?

Comment

i like it some young guys that own a perf shop around here did it 94 integra and looks sweet pointless but sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
            theres a guy who did it on here, I respect the work but think its pointless
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...rhd+conversion
            just about to post that....i don't think its pointless to him. He might be going for the REAL JDM look. Its a head turner for any car enthusiast.

Comment

For the amount of money you'd spend to convert it...I'd be tempted to just import one. You'd get a ton more of the options if you picked up a high end model, and you wouldn't have to do any of the installs.

Personally I don't like the idea of replacing firewalls...it's a safety issue IMO. It would be fine for a show car, but I wouldn't want it for a daily driver.

Comment

I give that guy Mad fuckin props for that. Thats about the sweetest fuckin thing ive ever seen someone do to a cb7...If i had the money, you bet your sweet ass i would do it...in a heartbeat.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

What's a convestion?

Anyway, you'd have to cut out the firewall, change some wiring, probably use JDM lines for fuel, power steering, clutch... JDM dash. Not sure if your pedals would swap over (same configuration, but mounting may be different), door panels, seats (if you want your armrest), steering wheel, steering rack, steering components. You'd also need to make sure you could register the car like that. Some states might not allow it.

Comment

lol yeah I took aloook at that link and there is alot of work thats involved! yeah importing one my be the best way to go. lol my friend has a rhd 240sx from japan and he let me drive it the other day. man I almost ran into trees and almost took out a mial box! ahaha it wierd when driving like that but he told me it usaly takes about a week to get use to it

Comment

Importing isn't cheap. Expect to pay 2-3 times what the car would be worth as a LHD US vehicle. A RHD CB could cost as much as $8000 when all is said and done. If it's worth it to you, and you can afford it, go for it. Honestly, it'd be cooler and safer to get a real RHD car anyway. I may get a RHD CB sometime. I'll probably get a Skyline first though.

Comment

lol yeah thats true, it would be funny having peps trip out on u at the light lol

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                          I may get a RHD CB sometime. I'll probably get a Skyline first though.
                          Ehem!

AlmostJDM was about to import a coupe from Japan. but he gots the Subby instead

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                          Honda Accord Euro-R
                          Honda Odyssey Absolute
                          Honda City I-DSi
                          Honda Stream

Comment

I think the work it takes to convert it is admirable. I wouldn't do it simply because I don't have time or the patience to do that. I would probably take shortcuts here and there and that would be really hazardous for daily driving. One thing is though I would love driving a RHD car just to see the look on ppls faces lol, imagine getting pulled over by the cops and the officer goes to the left side lol.
                            1993 Accord EX
                            2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              Importing isn't cheap. Expect to pay 2-3 times what the car would be worth as a LHD US vehicle. A RHD CB could cost as much as $8000 when all is said and done. If it's worth it to you, and you can afford it, go for it. Honestly, it'd be cooler and safer to get a real RHD car anyway. I may get a RHD CB sometime. I'll probably get a Skyline first though.

Ahhh it actually wont cost that much deev...my dad is a customer officer ( Importing and exporting ) is his speciality.
                              accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                              ....................My New Baby
                              SOLD TO
                              ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Working...
                              X