Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

92 bumper on a 91

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 bumper on a 91

well i want to paint my car and i think once i paint it the 92 front bumper would look alot better then the 91 so can i just buy the bumper or the whole front end

You just need the bumper cover and bumper lights.

For it to look correct and to have everything line up like it would on a 92-93, you'll need headlights, corners and a grill.

There's tons of threads on this.

Comment

The 92-93 Front end has these differences from the 90-91

Bumper
      Headlights
      Grill
      Cornerlights

The swap can be done with as little as just swapping out the bumper, but you will have a gap between the bumper and the headlights, and the middle upper section will overlap on the grill. If you want to you can get new headlights and a new grill and the swap will be complete.

Originally posted by Maple50175
      Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

well with the 91 bumper i have a gap but ill need all of that?

Comment

If you only switch the bumper there will be a noticable gap.

If you switch the bumper, headlights, and grill then everything will look perfect.

Comment

kool well i guess im off to the junk yard in the turkey weekend

Comment

would you need just the bumper cover by itself, or the bumper cover and the bumper support

Comment

You need the bumber support aswell.
                1993 Accord EX
                2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204
                  You need the bumber support aswell.
                  No you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                    No you don't.
                    Really? Sorry for the mistake. A few years back I had a 92 coupe with a 90-91 front end that I crashed so I decided to put a 92-93 front end. I bought the whole front end but the bumper cover didn't fit right at all, I had to put a 90-91 bumper cover which dropped right in but I was left with the gaps because of the 92-93 headlights and grille. That's why I assumed the bumper cover was different.
                    1993 Accord EX
                    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204
                      Really? Sorry for the mistake. A few years back I had a 92 coupe with a 90-91 front end that I crashed so I decided to put a 92-93 front end. I bought the whole front end but the bumper cover didn't fit right at all, I had to put a 90-91 bumper cover which dropped right in but I was left with the gaps because of the 92-93 headlights and grille. That's why I assumed the bumper cover was different.
                      The gap is because the 92-93 headlights have more of a curve to them.

Comment

Just in case anyone else looks at this, I just want to clarify one point.

IF you have a 90-91 wagon, then you will HAVE to get the bumper support from whatever vehicle you are swapping over the bumper from. The 90-91 bumper support is larger, and the 92-93 bumper cover will not fit properly. I have this issue with my own car.

Just fyi

Comment

Working...
                        X