Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

mesh grill for cheap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mesh grill for cheap?

anyone know where I can find an inexpensive mesh grill for my 92 ex? They seem to be pretty cheap for all years after 93 ($30), but I haven't been able to find the grill for a 92 for under $80.

There's a DIY on how to make your own. Hope that helps you.
    Originally posted by 92dm
    I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
    VOUCHES
    Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

just cut the middle out of your stock one and put mesh behind it

Comment

I was selling grill inserts for 92-93, no modification of the grill necessary, for $40. NOBODY wanted them. I even colormatched them to the stock paint!

Comment

I might be able to help you out.

Comment

I'm thinkin about attempting the diy grill, I ordered a new grill yesterday and I'm gonna give it a try with my old one. I saw some pretty nice outcomes with other peoples' grills.

Bruce, how might you be able to help me?

and deevergote, if my attempt comes out horrible and all else fails, would you be willing to sell me a grill?

Comment

the 92-93 seems very hard to cut out i have mine out now and its looking a lot harder than the 90-91's grill.... black beauty or anybody else that has succesfully done this can you link me to pics.... i looked at the diy and only saw 90-91 grills

Comment

Sure. They're crazy simple to make. I'll even go down to 30... unless I bleed

Honestly, though... here's the secret. Go to Lowes. Get some mesh gutter guards.
                Take your grille off. Unscrew all the screws on the back... this will allow the front pieces to come off.
                Line the mesh up, and cut it to fit the front of the grille. Now cut holes for the screws (that's where you might get hurt )
                Paint the mesh if you want. Screw everything back together.
                Done.

Comment

Or....

Steal an air filter off a Big-Rig, and cut the mesh off of it, free mesh for 2+ grills

Doesn't look half bad either

(New sig in the works )

Comment

OR U CAN TAKE THE 93 GRILL AND SAND IT DOWN. I DID MY IN BLAKE
                    Last edited by 93cb7accord; 08-21-2007, 05:41 PM.

Comment

WUTS BLAK. HOW DOES DAT GIV U MESH IN UR GRILL? WHY R WE YELLING?[IMG]http://[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        WUTS BLAK. HOW DOES DAT GIV U MESH IN UR GRILL? WHY R WE YELLING?[IMG]http://[/IMG]
                        Lol fucking awesome. I say just hack up a stock one. Depending on how detailed you wanna get, sand, Bondo, mesh, and paint it all up. I'm doing this once I cash my insurance check, I'll totally post up the outcome.

Comment

I'm almost done with my diy grill...doesn't look half bad, got a few more coats of flat black and then I'm tossin in the mesh. likewise, i'll be throwin up a picture too when its done. so far its taken me a few days, with the jb weld and what not, and limited time due to work.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                            Sure. They're crazy simple to make. I'll even go down to 30... unless I bleed

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Working...
                            X