Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

SOMEONE HELP ME FIX MY HOOD PLEASE (piks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOMEONE HELP ME FIX MY HOOD PLEASE (piks)

well i got a new cb7 and i swapped the hood over from my first CB7. and now im having a fitment problem. the hood doesnt sit flush over the headlights and the sides it looks like it pops up a little. ive take out all the rubber things under the hood thinking that would help but still the same
    here are some piks

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
    I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

yeah mine does that too is the latch closing completely? and do you know if its not bent?

Comment

Originally posted by Vtecdreamer
      yeah mine does that too is the latch closing completely? and do you know if its not bent?
      doubt it my old 1 closed jsut fine. but it had rust spots all over it

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
      I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

is it like that on both sides? if so... why not loosen the bolts that hold the latch and push down on the latch assembly and then re-tighten the bolts.

should have enough play to move it down enough to where the hood will latch down closer/even with the fenders

Sean
        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

y did u swap hoods? jsu curious
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Have you tried realigning it? I don't know if that would help. Also I think the hoods may be different from the 9091 version to the 9293 versions. Again I don't know if any of this helped, but other than what SMseagren83 said I don't have an ideas.
            Originally posted by 92dm
            I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
            VOUCHES
            Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

Also, make sure that there isn't a screwdriver playing hide n seek under there keeping it from closing like I had yesterday after I replaced my condensor fan
              "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
              "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
              ><((((º>

Comment

Originally posted by bigjoegood1
                Also, make sure that there isn't a screwdriver playing hide n seek under there keeping it from closing like I had yesterday after I replaced my condensor fan

i agree, sometimes it's those stupid things that get you

Comment

are the rubber stops at the right hight?
                  wat?

Comment

realign the hood my was like that too. loosen both sides but dont take the bolts out and just move the hood left or right till it goes down right. its easier wit 2 people

Comment

yea i think its that i got it to sit more flush but now it looks like its too far back on the headlights

i used Smeargens method it closed good then did a little re aligning. tommorow i will try to move the hood a little more down towards the headlights.. even though from the top of the hood it looks like its lined up

Comment

my carbon hood looks like that as well

Comment

Working...
                        X