Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

replaceing small rear door window...??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replaceing small rear door window...??

well someone decided to bust in my car for the first time when i have it.
    they first worked my drivers door handle with i think a crowbar, totally messed up the lock and the door, halfway prying out the whole door hankle assembly. then when they could not bust that, they busted my rear drivers small window, but i belive that someone scared them off cuz the doors still locked and one of my clients pc is still in the back seat.

the thing is... have anyone replacied the small window? cuz a shop does it for like $200 and i have nowhere near that much money. plus i need a new drivers door .

but anyway i tried to do a search and no find, so if there is a DIY here, you don't mind if you post the link? thank guys!

cheers
    Last edited by Lil' Whitie; 03-07-2007, 03:44 PM.
    1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

roll ur back window down, take off the door panel. after the panel is off you should see a tiny screw on the umm i guess window post (the black thing inbetween the rear windows) take the screw out from the bottom and the top, take the post out, now u can clean all of the broken glass especially in the moldings cuz if u dont youll have another broken window as soon as some1 closes the door if not during the install ,slide the new glass into the moldings slide the post in place and put the screws back in and put ur door panel back on and thas it thas all
    sold to the highest bidding stanger i miss this bitch
    the 93 ex to come soon

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyhitter92
      roll ur back window down, take off the door panel. after the panel is off you should see a tiny screw on the umm i guess window post (the black thing inbetween the rear windows) take the screw out from the bottom and the top, take the post out, now u can clean all of the broken glass especially in the moldings cuz if u dont youll have another broken window as soon as some1 closes the door if not during the install ,slide the new glass into the moldings slide the post in place and put the screws back in and put ur door panel back on and thas it thas all

WOW! that easy??? lol sweet i thought you have to rip out all your molding and weather strip and such lol. man my neighbor made it sounds so hard.

thanks man will work on that next. need to find a cb7, so far the two i went to don't have any just the 3rd gens.

oh btw have anyone did a plexieglass job for that window? was wondering about that, cuz that is like the only window robbers go for that annoy little window lol

but anyway thanks helps alot

cheers

Comment

yea its pretty easy the molding ur neighbor is talkin about is prob the post between the windows it has molding in it
        sold to the highest bidding stanger i miss this bitch
        the 93 ex to come soon

Comment

well i pulled out the inside of my door, and i cld not find the screws. u sure thats how you do it? i called around and most shops quoted me at around $200 to replace that window. gaaahh!
          lol i'm just too lazy prolly just go to a shop in a couple of weeks, but anyway thanks man.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil' Whitie
            well someone decided to bust in my car for the first time when i have it.
            they first worked my drivers door handle with i think a crowbar, totally messed up the lock and the door, halfway prying out the whole door hankle assembly. then when they could not bust that, they busted my rear drivers small window, but i belive that someone scared them off cuz the doors still locked and one of my clients pc is still in the back seat.
            cheers
            what kind of fool cant break into a honda? all it takes is a coat hanger and an IQ of at least 25

do you have a coupe or sedan? you could be having trouble with that window because he is explaing it for a 4 door.
            Last edited by bmxboi23; 03-13-2007, 01:36 AM.

Comment

sometimes some of the best deals can be found on craigslist

i would talk to this guy and see what he has

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/pts/273308327.html

Comment

it is a four door, and the car already been broken in like 5 times with the previous owners and i already had it slimmed jimmed like three times and my ex dad picked the lock once.

i just wished they just busted the big window lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil' Whitie
                  it is a four door, and the car already been broken in like 5 times with the previous owners and i already had it slimmed jimmed like three times and my ex dad picked the lock once.

i just wished they just busted the big window lol.
                  well, theres two solutions for that, move outa the ghetto
                  or get an alarm.

look on the bright side, at least it hasnt been stolen

yet

Comment

Originally posted by bmxboi23
                    well, theres two solutions for that, move outa the ghetto
                    or get an alarm.

look on the bright side, at least it hasnt been stolen

yet

lol yah my car acually is ghetto to man. when i moved there my roomie and landlord was supprised my car was not hit the night i moved there lol, it was 11 months later before they decided to break in. but does alarm shut off when u pull the lock up from the inside? someone told me that, and thats part of the reason why they bust the small window and don't mess with the locks.

anyway i'm thinkin about a kill switch tho, like wire it up to my reverse switch on the gearswitch, so in order to start u gotta put it in reverse. just an idea, but i have no idea how hard it is to wire it up...

Comment

I have just been robbed (stereo was stolen) yesterday. Someone broke into my car through my driver side rear quarter window. I picked up a new quarter window for 25.00. And the thing is I tried to remove it before but I wasn't completely successful. How exactly do you do it? I know how to remove the windows and all, but that little one is slightly different. Please someone get back to me if you know how..I really need to install it today.
                      91-accord

watch quick clip: 10-80 mph

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyhitter92
                        Is the post the track for both the quarter glass and window? How do you get it off? I took the window and the broken quarter out already. But now the quarter is only in about 70% in. I think I need to remove the post/track. It seems to be attached to the top of the door on the weather stripe. Please help....I working outside and it is getting cold.
                        91-accord

Comment

this is what I am trying to work on. I'm trying to remove the track/post. Not so sure how.
                          91-accord

Comment

knock...anyone there?
                            91-accord

Comment

well, thanks anyway...for not being helpful...I just got it done by the way.
                              91-accord

Comment

Working...
                              X