Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

front end hit and run...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front end hit and run...

well guys one day i walked out where i worked and found my car frontend smashed in.

sorry i don't have a camera right now but it looks like some one hit the front drivers side at the bumper. the bumper is pushed in and looks like it moved to the passenger side by two inches. i also noticed my hood not scratched or dented but have become misaligened a little (hood closes on the fender now) and i noticed the front headlights are turned too the drivers light is pushed in and the passenger side is put a little but the lights looks fine otherwise.

so the question is whats the damage? i know the bumper is messed up but is the frame messed up to? i have replaced the front end before on a tempo and pulled the radiator suport out but i wonder on the cb7 how that goes.

sorry about no pics i am tryin to get ahold of a camera right now will post later.

thanks for ur info
    1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Originally posted by Lil' Whitie
    well guys one day i walked out where i worked and found my car frontend smashed in.

sorry i don't have a camera right now but it looks like some one hit the front drivers side at the bumper. the bumper is pushed in and looks like it moved to the passenger side by two inches. i also noticed my hood not scratched or dented but have become misaligened a little (hood closes on the fender now) and i noticed the front headlights are turned too the drivers light is pushed in and the passenger side is put a little but the lights looks fine otherwise.

so the question is whats the damage? i know the bumper is messed up but is the frame messed up to? i have replaced the front end before on a tempo and pulled the radiator suport out but i wonder on the cb7 how that goes.

sorry about no pics i am tryin to get ahold of a camera right now will post later.

thanks for ur info
    lol i think you basically answered your own question after you named what was damaged bro. Otherwise you gotta post up pics or be a lil more specific. But as for the frame also...post the pics so that we can judge on it.

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

yeah i am worried... i live on the street and i don't have any grauge to work in, but it looks fine everyting cept the bumper and everyting is out of aligment. but i'm gonna work on gettin a camera soon...

Comment

New Headlight = 100 dollars
        New Bumper = like 100-150
        otherwise post pics of you car. Mainly everything can be fixed using ebay. I got all my parts from there. Really cheap.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

thanks for ur info
          Hit & runs suck.... but believe me, what comes around goes around. That person probably didn't have any insurance or felt "lucky" nobody was around to witness it and said fuck it i'm gone! I hate people that don't have any respect for other peoples rides.

I was involved in one not too long ago and thats why I posted for a fender in the Wanted Classified.

With my last CB7 I have grown so paranoid on where I park my car. The body and paint was perfect until I started my highschool job. It got sooo many door dings and shopping cart,old people dents it pissed me off! This is what I call "minor hit and runs" is people opening their damn doors on our cars. When I park my car, I love to park next to "expensive" or non-junky looking cars. My theory is that they worry about their cars apperance more and would never even think of opening their doors wide enough to touch our filthy lowclass cb7s

Another thing I try to avoid is parking my cars next to a Island in shopping center parking lots. PEOPLE ARE LAZY! even if there is a special section for people to return their carts, people would rather just leave it next to their car and drive off or secure it by hopping the front wheels over a island....even tho this seems more considerate, I still don't like parking my cars next to a island because I witnessed a few times the shopping cart collector people getting too close to peoples cars.
          I need a custom turbo manifold built....
          707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
          "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
          '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei
            Hit & runs suck.... but believe me, what comes around goes around. That person probably didn't have any insurance or felt "lucky" nobody was around to witness it and said fuck it i'm gone! I hate people that don't have any respect for other peoples rides.

I was involved in one not too long ago and thats why I posted for a fender in the Wanted Classified.

With my last CB7 I have grown so paranoid on where I park my car. The body and paint was perfect until I started my highschool job. It got sooo many door dings and shopping cart,old people dents it pissed me off! This is what I call "minor hit and runs" is people opening their damn doors on our cars. When I park my car, I love to park next to "expensive" or non-junky looking cars. My theory is that they worry about their cars apperance more and would never even think of opening their doors wide enough to touch our filthy lowclass cb7s

Another thing I try to avoid is parking my cars next to a Island in shopping center parking lots. PEOPLE ARE LAZY! even if there is a special section for people to return their carts, people would rather just leave it next to their car and drive off or secure it by hopping the front wheels over a island....even tho this seems more considerate, I still don't like parking my cars next to a island because I witnessed a few times the shopping cart collector people getting too close to peoples cars.
            yeah bro i was pissed! the body is already messed up (fading paint and rusted rear quarters) normally i would not care but the whole frontend is messed up.

so i figured time to get some black housed headlights and a custom DIY grill. but from what i see the headlight and grill looks fine it is the whole mounts is pushed in on the drivers side, THATS what i'm worried about.

still working on the camera so bear with me guys...

Comment

yeah bro i was pissed! the body is already messed up (fading paint and rusted rear quarters) normally i would not care but the whole frontend is messed up.

so i figured time to get some black housed headlights and a custom DIY grill. but from what i see the headlight and grill looks fine it is the whole mounts is pushed in on the drivers side, THATS what i'm worried about.

still working on the camera so bear with me guys...
              It sucks about the hit and run. From what you stated so far, it sounds like the fender, headlight mounting points, and various other things were impacted or "pushed" out of alignment. If the radiator support panel was pushed too, it would pull some of these things out from where they're supposed to be. The radiator support panel holds the front bumper, headlights and such. The frame is MOST LIKELY okay.

I just straightened out the alignment on mine. Take the bumper off. The problem will be to find a way to pull out the things pushed in. Pulling out the upper part of the fender will give the clearance for your hood. Perhaps pulling out the radiator support panel will straighten out the headlight. BTW, if the item is not broken, you do not need to buy a new one. Just get things lined up again.

If you don't have a way to pull out the panels, you might arrange with a nearby shop to do it. Maybe you could save costs by taking off parts according to the shop's procedures.

Comment

Originally posted by MangoMechaniX
                It sucks about the hit and run. From what you stated so far, it sounds like the fender, headlight mounting points, and various other things were impacted or "pushed" out of alignment. If the radiator support panel was pushed too, it would pull some of these things out from where they're supposed to be. The radiator support panel holds the front bumper, headlights and such. The frame is MOST LIKELY okay.

I just straightened out the alignment on mine. Take the bumper off. The problem will be to find a way to pull out the things pushed in. Pulling out the upper part of the fender will give the clearance for your hood. Perhaps pulling out the radiator support panel will straighten out the headlight. BTW, if the item is not broken, you do not need to buy a new one. Just get things lined up again.

If you don't have a way to pull out the panels, you might arrange with a nearby shop to do it. Maybe you could save costs by taking off parts according to the shop's procedures.
                yeah i was thinking it might be the radiator support pushed in. the fenders are fine ( but still need new ones anyway from the blown ball joint). my first car was a ford tempo which was wrecked and i just pulled out he radiator support by chaining it up to the tree, heh heh. but we will see...

Comment

yeah i was thinking it might be the radiator support pushed in. the fenders are fine ( but still need new ones anyway from the blown ball joint). my first car was a ford tempo which was wrecked and i just pulled out he radiator support by chaining it up to the tree, heh heh. but we will see...
                  Yup, trees (strong ones) work fine. Actually, the Honda support and fenders are not ultra sturdy, so a full-size pick-up truck bumper might be enough. I wouldn't use motion power, just a come-along or winch might be enough. Some only required a 2x4 by 4 feet long as a lever.

Comment

Originally posted by MangoMechaniX
                    Yup, trees (strong ones) work fine. Actually, the Honda support and fenders are not ultra sturdy, so a full-size pick-up truck bumper might be enough. I wouldn't use motion power, just a come-along or winch might be enough. Some only required a 2x4 by 4 feet long as a lever.

hmm k might try that thaks!

right now weather is COLD here so ima gonna wait till ti gets warmer. i have other things to worry about like someone broke in my car needs a new drivers door, gaaahhh.

heh get this after i put a bag over the window and taped it up the guy came back and busted the window even more to "unlock" the already unlocked door.

i saw glass on my front passenter seat so i guess he was heading to the glove box just to find out there is no glove box! lol got him good! hope he don't come back cuz i left my junky web cam in the car and put a sign that said smile ur on wifi cam!

Comment

hmm k might try that thaks!

right now weather is COLD here so ima gonna wait till ti gets warmer. i have other things to worry about like someone broke in my car needs a new drivers door, gaaahhh.

heh get this after i put a bag over the window and taped it up the guy came back and busted the window even more to "unlock" the already unlocked door.

i saw glass on my front passenter seat so i guess he was heading to the glove box just to find out there is no glove box! lol got him good! hope he don't come back cuz i left my junky web cam in the car and put a sign that said smile ur on wifi cam!
                      You're welcome. Give it a try.

Car Thieves are dumbf~(&s. I once had a car door broken into by twisting the lock. The door could never be locked and a second thief jammed a puller into the lock to get in. All he had to do was use the unlocked door handle. But then, it costs them nothing to destroy YOUR property to get YOUR stuff. Damage is at YOUR cost. To them it's all free.

Comment

this is what happend to me a month ago. im picking up my girl from work and this woman in a 05 acura tsx ate a red light on a no turn on red corner and took off my bumper while i was still parked . she says to me that i speeded out of my parking spot and hit her on purpose. she saw my car and thought that i had no insurance, little did she know that i have legal insurance and all my paperwork was up to date . when the cop showed up he started to get on her case because she stopped her car on the corner where the no turn on red sign is. the accident was in my favor and im waiting for her insurance company to pay me for my damage bumper .
                        my daily driver. (AOM June 2010)

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
                        MR page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76111

Comment

that's horrible that someone would do that to a cb7 hope you have it insured

Comment

that stinks man. but atleast hondas arent that expensive to fix and those bumpers are a dime a dozen at the bone yards

1993 Honda Prelude H23t -big 16g turbo, uberdata, and a kick ass body and paint to go with it!

Comment

Working...
                            X