Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

is 2.2 to low to lower my car in the front i need to know real fast b/f i order them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is 2.2 to low to lower my car in the front i need to know real fast b/f i order them.

Hey guys i have a 91 accord with a full body kit and i need to know if 2.2" in the front and 2" in the back is to low to lower my car i drive it every day i dont want it to scrape on any speed bumps or anything it is the neuspeed springs thanks so much for your help peace out!

my car isn't kitted or anything...but there are guys on here with kits, who are lowered, so hopefully they'll reply and help you out.

i bought some sprint springs that were supposed to give me a 2.25" drop. here's pictures. i hope it helps some.

Comment

I would say less than 2 if you are one of those types that like being dropped slightly (1.5-1.75), but you can still get out of ur driveway at good speeds if u take it at an angle...
      Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
      Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

it all depends on how you drive the car. i was lowered 2.5" when i had my kit, and i could get over shit people with stock cars scrapped on.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Same setup as Npor except I am on worn stock struts. Sits pretty low I love the feeling of scraping over everything with my exhaust.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

all depends on the areas that u drive in

Comment

You want to be very careful man. I have a kit on my car n its droped. I have cracked my front bumper 2 times. 1 time was going up a drive way and the other time was a bump on the street.

so my advice to you

Dont drive fast.

go very slow going up drive ways.

watch out for shit.

Comment

Oh drive on a angel driveing up drive ways n going down

Comment

3" inch drop on springs here, its not practical but i like it. youll probly scrape up ur car pretty bad, i trashed my old car before i learned you have to drive slow pretty much everywhere until you get onto open roads... driveways are a bitch. and yeah speedbumps are spikestrips for your subframe...
                  ]

Comment

you can get away with it if u know how to drive with a drop and depending where you live. Drive slow, angle yourself into drive ways and over bumps and watch for pot holes. I'm in NYC riding a drop of 2 and change for about 2 years now and the only problem I have is the occasional scraping. At first it might be difficult, but you will get used to it.
                    ~~~ Never Drive Faster Then Your Guardian Angle Can Fly ~~~

Comment

Thanks for all the help but here is what i am dealing with i either need to get the neuspeed race springs which will drop my car 2.2 in the front and 2.0 in the back or should i get the neuspeed sport springs it is like 1.5 and 1.75 in the back but the rear camber kit i was going to get is
                      -2.00 degrees to +3.40 will that work on these springs thanks for the help again!!!

Comment

If this is going to be your first dropped daily driver, I would play it safe and get the neuspeed sport springs. Please do us all a favor and DO NOT drop the car on stock shocks. P.S. gr-2's are stock!
                        ~~~ Never Drive Faster Then Your Guardian Angle Can Fly ~~~

Comment

Yeah, thats what im thinking cause i dont want to mess the kit up but do you think that rear camber will work the one i posted above this one? Oh and nah i aint droping them on stock shocks i am getting the Tockio HP Blues so i hope they will do aight later on if i keep the can i will probably do the tein basics but we will see.
                          Last edited by Fatty2Phat; 02-19-2007, 10:44 PM.

Comment

all depends on your driving style... I drive practically as low as i am in the picture...

Comment

Well if you remap where you go you can get away with driving that low! Haha I angle my car but my exhaust is too big plus with me in it drops it another inch or so as you can see in my exhaust clips....Yea I am working on the losing weight thing but yep. Most of tx is flat as for IL thast a different story.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X