Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Yet, another HID question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet, another HID question?

I really like that deep blue look, which is I think an 8000K-10000K HID kit. But through reasearch I have found that 6000K HID's are mostly white with a tint of blue, and they shine 1.5 time futher/brighter that the 8000K-10000K HID's. Now I wanted to go Phillips, but they only offer up to 6000K. But I want that blue look. Now when I go to buy my HID's, Imma make a dicision, that's part of being an adult. But advice sometimes help. So, I have to get 2 sets (a set for headlights and fogs). Should I get of Phillips 6000K HID's, or 8000K HID's from McCullough, or 10000K from McCullough. Also, think about the combo for two diff. cars. A tan 4dr Se, and a Blk 4dr Ex.
    Black EX w/ Phillips 6000K
    27.78%
    Black EX w/ McCullough 8000K
    16.67%
    Black EX w/ McCullough 10000K
    11.11%
    Tan SE w/ Phillips 6000K
    22.22%
    Tan SE w/ McCullough 8000K
    16.67%
    Tan SE w/ McCullough 10000K
    5.56%

The poll is expired.

The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

personaly i would do 6000K or less for my self... but for your two cars i picked 8000K because yous seem to really like the purple/blue look.

black woudl look awesome with the 8000k/10000k
    tan would look sweet with crystal white colour.
    My Ride...

Comment

out of your 3 choices I'd go with 6000k because I'd rather have visibility over color.

Comment

I have neglected to mention, I will not be using projectors.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I think I will pick up the Phillip 6000K, because after reading about blinding people without projection, I don't wanna be an idiot.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

And you think a 6000K will prevent glare?!

If anything the 6000K will piss people off more, because of the bullshit blue tint.
            1992 Accord LX CB9 149K Stock
            2014 F350 Platinum CCSB SRW

Comment

so the 6000k would blind people more than the 8000K. See this is why I need feed back on this poll.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

time to shop!

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Stright Success
                  so the 6000k would blind people more than the 8000K. See this is why I need feed back on this poll.
                  no matter what k, its going to be more glaring to others cause of course its brighter and the optics of the headlight isnt designed for it, so its scatterd light.

as for color, i hate blue, it glares everywhere....but anything other than a standard color is going to annoy people.

honestly between 5k and 6k i think is the best.
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                  X