Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

HID Kits (Xenon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID Kits (Xenon)

What are the best brands to buy when buying an HID kit ( Quality, Durability, etc.)? I am asking because I need to buy two kits, and I want a good brand.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

I know a guy who sells them, you can ask him, they run 225 shipped, his aim is br0nx finest
    Meh, not feeling the honda game anymore.
    MY CAR IS SOLD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stright Success
      What are the best brands to buy when buying an HID kit ( Quality, Durability, etc.)? I am asking because I need to buy two kits, and I want a good brand.
      some OEM's? Denso or so i heard around, go read on HIDplanet.com its awesome there hahaha. also you can find lots of ppl selling their slightly used kits and all that
      1990 Accord EX -Stock to no beyond
      Originally posted by yeamans17
      you'd better soak the nuts in pb blaster, otherwise you'll snap them off
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter" - Dr.Susses

Vouch - | gloryaccordy | aznkid.com |

Comment

best kit would probably be a Phillips kit but it aint cheap.

Comment

I'm currently running Phillips Ultinon 6000k powered by Hella ballasts. No complaints...
          Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

I think, if I get the scholarships and grants that I've applied for, imma get a set of jdm 1 pc. headlights and two set of Phillips HID's. Thanks all. Oh yea, one more question, on a good set of HID's, what is the apprx. life of the bulbs?

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I think, if I get the scholarships and grants that I've applied for, imma get a set of jdm 1 pc. headlights and two set of Phillips HID's. Thanks all. Oh yea, one more question, on a good set of HID's, what is the apprx. life of the bulbs?
              10,000 hours? ...somewhere around that ballpark

Comment

So if you drive, let's say a mean or avg. of 5 hrs a day, then divide that into 10,000 hrs, we get... 2000 days. If this is correct, you should only have to replace the bulbs once every... a lil' over 5 years. Is this is true? If so, they last like 5-10 times longer than halogen bulbs. Is this the case?

- D. Chappelle

Comment

So if you drive, let's say a mean or avg. of 5 hrs a day, then divide that into 10,000 hrs, we get... 2000 days. If this is correct, you should only have to replace the bulbs once every... a lil' over 5 years. Is this is true? If so, they last like 5-10 times longer than halogen bulbs. Is this the case?
                  how bout this, the set I've had on my car lasted from my first CB7 to my third and current CB7... That's a LOONG TIME! The lights might out live your car in that matter as it did mine (x2). haha

...but it also depends on how you use it. If you keep flashing your low beam heating the xenon gas to have it cooled down could seriously shorten your lights expected lifetime.

Comment

Working...
                  X