Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Megan vs Tein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote
    Megan products are decent. They're actually quite good for the price!

Tein does make a better product, though. They're in the suspension business ONLY, and they have years of racing experience to back up their products.

What are your intentions for this setup? Since you're looking at the S-Tech, and posting in Appearance and not Performance, you're just looking for a lower stance. The Teins will probably be more comfortable, though the Megans will leave you with some extra cash to play with... Honestly, it's your decision. Either one is good enough for a normal street car (and neither is all that performance oriented)
    im kinda lookin for the performance too bro..

Comment

thank you for all you're suggestion guys..imma go head and grab the tein s-tech springs

Comment

Originally posted by cb7pr
        hey, and you have these on your wagon? shit, gimme some more info on how it rides....im planning on getting these in the next week or so for my wagon...plus, on top of that, the Suspension Techniques' F&R Sway Bar Kit....
        Personally, I love them, Best invesment Ive made, They ride smooth, Yet stiff at the same time, The Basic Damper Coils like I have are in no way shape or form a straight performance set up, They were designed with drivability in mind, Where as some of the more expensive setups are designed for racing and wont ride as smooth. I have minimal body roll, And its smooth over bumps. All in all it comes down to personal preference, And how much your willing to spend.
        One of the more stiffer options that alot of people like is the Koni Yellows w/ GroundControl coilovers, I've ridden in a cb with them, and Ill admit it out corners me big time, but its not half as comfortable to me...But then again, Thats just my preference.

Hope this helps.
        -Dylan
        -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
        newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
        newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
        newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

Originally posted by heylookitsdylan
          Personally, I love them, Best invesment Ive made, They ride smooth, Yet stiff at the same time, The Basic Damper Coils like I have are in no way shape or form a straight performance set up, They were designed with drivability in mind, Where as some of the more expensive setups are designed for racing and wont ride as smooth. I have minimal body roll, And its smooth over bumps. All in all it comes down to personal preference, And how much your willing to spend.
          One of the more stiffer options that alot of people like is the Koni Yellows w/ GroundControl coilovers, I've ridden in a cb with them, and Ill admit it out corners me big time, but its not half as comfortable to me...But then again, Thats just my preference.

Hope this helps.
          -Dylan
          Dylan, thanks soo much bro, I was waiting for someone with an honest opinion about the Tein Basic's on Wagons....personally, all i want is a great ride, with some performance, meaning, little or no body roll especially being a wagon....mine is an automatic, which Im not gonna be going too quick as it is but regardless of the matter, I like to invest on quality shit cuz I dont want to deal with it in the long run...

but thanz again bro....Nelson

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

I got alot of info from this u guys. Is there anyone that has had a Megan setup on their car so you can tell me how it feels for everyday use. my CB has 434K.
            Last edited by F22NVtec; 01-19-2007, 11:44 PM.

Comment

i have the s-techs and they get a from me.

WAY to soft for my likings.

But like deev said, since you didnt put this in the performance section, I'm going to assume that all you care about is being dropped and not so much about the way the car handles.

get the s-techs, theyre comfortable if you good shocks, but just too bouncy and soft for me. the spring rates blow ass too.

Im on kyb agx's too, so its not my shocks.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
              X