Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Megan vs Tein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megan vs Tein

which 1 of the springs would you guys recommend with tokico hp shocks..??

Megan $115

- Lower rate: 2 inch Front + Rear

- Springs rate: 450F & 250R

Tein S-Tech $175

Ride Height Front (mm, inch): -53 -2.1

Ride Height Rear (mm, inch): -43 -1.7

Spring Rate Front (kgf/mm,lbs/in): 4.4/246

Spring Rate Rear (kgf/mm,lbs/in): 2.9/162

I am running Tein's H-Techs with Tokico HP's and they are awsome...some call it soft...I call it fit for the chassis...after they break in....very comfortable on cruising, but you can easily take the twisties as well...the shocks tighten up real nice...if you frequently take the highways or even live in an area with bumpy roads, I recommend the Tein H-Techs rather than the S-tech's....the H-techs might be a little easier to live with and you probably won't have to slow down for most of teh bumps...the S-tech's i have heard of highway cruising gone bad b/c they are a little too soft for that amount of drop

enjoy
    Last edited by lokuputha; 01-15-2007, 05:29 AM.
    DEVOTE

Comment

I'm on Tein s-tech and they are really great!
      but if money is a issue, then grab the megans

Comment

Originally posted by mugen_accord88
        I'm on Tein s-tech and they are really great!
        but if money is a issue, then grab the megans

Please don't cheap out on suspension parts...or for that matter any part of ur car....for a 60.00 difference save up for the Tein's
        DEVOTE

Comment

speaking of Megan's...........I was looking at their coilover's, and they seem pretty good, I know Tein is a very good company but what about Megan?

Comment

Tein FTW.
            Ive got Tein Basic Damper coilovers, and they're the best investment ive ever made.
            Like "lokuputha" said, dont cheap out on suspension, you get what you pay for.
            -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
            newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
            newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
            newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

You know...Megan is making a name for themselves with decent quality products IMO.

It's still not a $40 ebay coil...

That being said, the Tein springs you have listed have very low spring rates, which means it'll be biased more towards ride than handling. The Megans will be stiffer.

I think as far as springs go, it's all subjective. As long as you stay away from the cheap sleeves, you should be fine. It's the struts you want to put your money into.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                It's the struts you want to put your money into.

This is tru ...I hear Koni Yellows are where its at....
                DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by heylookitsdylan
                  Tein FTW.
                  Ive got Tein Basic Damper coilovers, and they're the best investment ive ever made.
                  Like "lokuputha" said, dont cheap out on suspension, you get what you pay for.
                  hey, and you have these on your wagon? shit, gimme some more info on how it rides....im planning on getting these in the next week or so for my wagon...plus, on top of that, the Suspension Techniques' F&R Sway Bar Kit....

After 4-5 years of having used anywhere from Ebay Coilovers to cheap springs, Ive learned my lesson. My recently totalled CRX had an EIBACH SPORTLINE/TOKICO BLUE setup, and I cant begin to explain how great those things performed. Its amazing how much of a suspension setup can do.

But my advise to the ppl that want to go cheap...it gonna hurt in the long run...broken shocks, shitty ride, squeaks everywhere, cant go over bumps, or else.......so just, save your money.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Megan products are decent. They're actually quite good for the price!

Tein does make a better product, though. They're in the suspension business ONLY, and they have years of racing experience to back up their products.

What are your intentions for this setup? Since you're looking at the S-Tech, and posting in Appearance and not Performance, you're just looking for a lower stance. The Teins will probably be more comfortable, though the Megans will leave you with some extra cash to play with... Honestly, it's your decision. Either one is good enough for a normal street car (and neither is all that performance oriented)

Comment

i would agree with the majority of these guys. tein is pretty much pure suspension, they know their stuff. even though tein is expensive, i think you will be happier knowing you bought tein, but this is my preference

Comment

Megan is pretty good as everyone has said. If you get there coil over system supposedly its similar to the Apexi unit. But springwise if you want an even drop go with the megans. The Teins arent bad either.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

am on the s-techs....really nice soft ride and am on oem shocks..the drop is okay, mild, not too low and u can see a differnce in the stance..

i will recommend u gettin s-techs...

Comment

tnx for that man!

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
                              I am running Tein's H-Techs with Tokico HP's and they are awsome...some call it soft...I call it fit for the chassis...after they break in....very comfortable on cruising, but you can easily take the twisties as well...the shocks tighten up real nice...if you frequently take the highways or even live in an area with bumpy roads, I recommend the Tein H-Techs rather than the S-tech's....the H-techs might be a little easier to live with and you probably won't have to slow down for most of teh bumps...the S-tech's i have heard of highway cruising gone bad b/c they are a little too soft for that amount of drop

enjoy
                              wattup man..hella people saying that i shud get the s-tech?? but tnx tho

Comment

Working...
                              X