Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

GC brake caliper paint vs. Duplicolor caliper paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GC brake caliper paint vs. Duplicolor caliper paint

IS there really a difference between the two, aside from price? I mean the glossiness and also the length of time the paint will stay on the calipers before needing repaitning?
    Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
    Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

not to hijack the thread but i been curious my self and thinking about painting the calipers, but just on general how long does it last??

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

I'll assume you mean G2.
      And until someone paints one side with one, and the other side with the other, it's all speculation.

My brushed Duplicolor-ed calipers and drums look just fine.
      2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
      Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
      1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

g2 yes! my bad
        Yeah, Preludes

Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

damn i was to lazy to go out and buy actual caliper paint i used some engine paint and its still on there along with my drums...i did a little different style drum too. i will post pix soon
          My Member's Ride Page (Do it)

Comment

This is a dumb question but is there any point to painting your calipers other than just for looks?Like is the paint heat resistant,thus improving your braking? I ask cus I've seen alot of CB7's painting their rotors red. Sry for asking but I figured I ask in this topic as opposed to making a new topic, thanks in advance.
            Socal Alliance Represent

Go Cry

Comment

just for looks
              Yeah, Preludes

Comment

Well this is what i get with the engine paint been working well for me.

i thought all the redish/orange on the drums would be way to much so i did this

Comment

personally they are a waste of money. I used regular old KRYLON spray paint, its lasted 4yrs so far. Just clean and prep good first.
                  BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

yeap its all about getting it clean before painting i just used my engine paint i had sitting around so its all good

Comment

It's really gonna depend on how hot your brakes get. With a Honda, lol, not that bad with as light as these things are. Some high temp engine paint will work. As far as the G2 vs Duplicolor goes, I can answer that for ya, as I've used both. G2 is a lot easier, Duplicolor will look a tad better, but you aren't supposed to drive for 24 hrs after you're done, where as I *think* the G2 kit was only 12 hrs, so...

Use some brake clean or some Duplicolor caliper cleaner before you do anything, get all that old brake dust shit off of there.

- Rob -
                      92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
                      85 Toyota 4Runner
                      1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
                      2008 HD 1200N
                      2009 HD 883N

Comment

Working...
                      X