Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Black Housing Headlights Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Housing Headlights Questions

Ok i was wondering about the black housing headlights. These questions might be elemetry but i would like some info

1. Do they have to be the JDM one peice headlights? can you use the stock ones?

2. I have a white car, will black housed lgihts look good on a white car?(pics maybe?)

3. Has anyone insted of doing a black house done a white house headlgihts?
    My Member's Ride Page (Do it)

You can do it on your stock headlight, You can paint it white if u want, once the reflector portion is not painted its ok to paint it whatever color u want. Check the members ride section, i think they have quite a few cars with blackhoused headlights.

Comment

are there any members with white housed ones?

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=blackhoused

Comment

i've never actually seen white ones.. it may be a good idea though
          THE RETURN IS COMIN SOON..
          www.realisticdreamz.net

Comment

i might test out white ones...if i dont like them i guess i will have to go black but black and/or white the cops wont do anything correct?

Comment

mine are color matched to my car..

jdm..

i think white would look good..
              .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

wouldnt painting them make ur headlights shitty though on the highway or am i not understanding it to much?

Comment

the most importatn part of the lgihth reflection comes from the backside on the headlight

meaning if you paint the flat parts around it, it only takes away from stray light, which isnt significant enough to make a difference

also, the back unpainted part is a mirror and in daytime slgihtly relfects the painted parts..making it look all blackhoused, but its still jsut as effective for light output

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

Comment

you guys think i should try the white? or will white even show up enough as black does?

Comment

i think u should go with the white ones if u want... it be really cool to see a cb7 with white headlights just keep up posted with some pics if u do try it
                      Upgrade your mind before you upgrade your car

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

will do post pix if i give it a try

Comment

you know when they black house them and then where the brights are they do the orange/yellow look thing

why do they do this? for looks? or wat?

Comment

what? no one remembered my white housed lights? I had them on my white
                            CB7. I even posted pics. as far as I know Im the first to have a white CB7 with white housed lights.

heres the pics...

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

quick question i may have missed it in the DIY but to re-seal the headlgihts does it take any new glue or something or does the same glue re-heat?

Comment

Working...
                              X