Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need Paint...what color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Paint...what color?

Hey everyone. I was looking to get a new paint job for my '91 Accord (it really needs one, esp. the front. Damn debris chipped off the paint over the years in a lot of places, making the metal rust!), but I couldn't decide what color would match my brown interior. I really don't want to keep the ourside brown (as it is now). Does anyone have any suggestions? And what would be a "good" price? --you know...like what should the price range be?

Here are some pics for reference:

This is a pic of the interior and the outside color together. Ya i know its dirty. I was gonna give it a wash today.

Heres a pic of my interior:

And heres a pic of some of the "large" damage. Some jerk hit my car a few years ago in a parking lot and drove off ( I wasn't there of course) and look at this crap!

So yeah thanks for your input guys!

Later

Pastel pink, or purple...

But really, maybe an ivory or cream color?

Comment

no idea what color looks pretty sweet though

Comment

championship white or the dark gray from the ram1500 looks nice as well.

forget trying to match it to your interior, you can always replace that later. and if the only damage is on that fender you can grab a good one from a wrecker instead of paying to have that one repaired.
        cardomain

Comment

Originally posted by crisqo
          championship white or the dark gray from the ram1500 looks nice as well.

forget trying to match it to your interior, you can always replace that later. and if the only damage is on that fender you can grab a good one from a wrecker instead of paying to have that one repaired.
          True true...I can always replace it later.

Thats a good idea. Is the fender easy to replace? I wish I knew more about this stuff.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Any more?

Comment

Originally posted by raytheon_liszt
            True true...I can always replace it later.

Thats a good idea. Is the fender easy to replace? I wish I knew more about this stuff.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Any more?
            that fender aint bad, you restore it, bondo and sanding it what it takes..

Comment

they're pretty easy to replace and not much at a wrecker. grab yourself a haynes manual for your car and you can do just about anything
              cardomain

Comment

There's someone from the east cost, Jersey or PA that has the same color as you. I think it's a repaint but a variation. That car looks so HOT! I can't remember who it is right now though.

Comment

same problem

I have that same problem with my fender. in fact it looks almost exactly the same, just on the other side. i was told to sand that sucker down, bend, bondo and repaint. plannin on doin that this next weekend.

-My Baby-

Comment

Hey thanks guys for the input

But one more question...on average, which paint place does a better job? Earl Sheib or Maaco? This site has a lot on Maaco, but I can hardly find anything on sheib. Any reccomendations?

And I will have to fix the rust myself right?

Thanks.

Comment

bump

Comment

Have you browsed through here at all?

Good paint jobs are expensive. Example, MAACO paint jobs start very cheap....like around $200. On the other end of the spectrum I have a co-worker that's building a show car ('66 Chevelle) and his paint job w/body work is going to cost about $10,000.....he just dropped $30,000 on his motor. It dynoed at about 1300 hp.

Good materials without labor or bodywork, about $1000.
                        1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
                          Have you browsed through here at all?

Good paint jobs are expensive. Example, MAACO paint jobs start very cheap....like around $200. On the other end of the spectrum I have a co-worker that's building a show car ('66 Chevelle) and his paint job w/body work is going to cost about $10,000.....he just dropped $30,000 on his motor. It dynoed at about 1300 hp.

Good materials without labor or bodywork, about $1000.
                          Yeah I did browse through there. But all they talked about is what type of paint to use, etc. And I only saw Maaco mentioned. Unless I missed something, in which case I'm sorry.
                          But I would like to know how Earl Sheib is in comparison. Do they do a better job on average?

Anyways yeah thanks for responding though. Thats a helluva lot of $$, but for a show car, it may be reasonable. But I dont know much about this so yeah.

Ok, so for a quality paint job, I need to be prepared to shell out $1,000+. Damn...
                          Thanks again

Comment

i'd paint it the same color. it looks good when clean. most people who have that color don't wash it and keep it clean, but the ones who do make that color look really nice. later.
                            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I love the color of my Maroon CB7..

But if i had a choice it would prolly be black..

Comment

Working...
                              X