Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cheap Maaco Paint Job $$?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this might be a stupid q but how close do they come to the factory color? i mean is it dead on? I know that depends on quailty and prep and all, as far as looking good but basically i have the geneva green pearl and when i paint it thats what i want for paint...nothing else...im not wanting to do maaco tho...but i do drive it hard and dont wanna spend 1000 on a paint job ya know...i dunno.....

Comment

Mine is damn near dead on... I show people what my doorjambs look like when they doubt the original color... Phantom Gray, when fresh, looks like a custom color!

Comment

Hey all...i wanna repaint my car as well...see sig... lol

i was considering Maaco and Earl Scheib for cheapness, but i hear they jack the prices up. with other services, and dent removal.

My mechanic says he'll do my entire car for $1500....and make the car look NEW. ive see his work...not too shabby...but id want him to paint as much car as possible...like the inside of the doors frame..., inside of the trunk....hood...bumpers(DX), mirrors...alll of it, lol

And after asking around....yea, the maaco sounds like they suck. a lot.
        and if you are looking to keep a car for the long term....go all out.
        If u wanna get the car looking ok for a year or two...cheap out..
        and if u wanna really bum it out...unpainted baby!!! check out my Faux Carbon Fiber Hood(primed), lol
        Sold my baby

saving for an Sc300!!!

Comment

$50 paint job?

Comment

I feel like I'm talking to a wall...

Mine still looked new after 2 years. Find a good Maaco, and the work will be decent.

Still, if you can get the car returned to a new appearance, meaning all flaws removed and everything repainted for $1500, that's a hell of a deal. Having Maaco do that would probably be more.

Comment

Originally posted by increaseBLu3
              $50 paint job?
              I know of a PIMP $50 paint job and you will never guess it was BRUSHED ON with a SPONGE BRUSH and a ROLLER!!!!! LOOKS LIKE GLASS
              WAGONS

94 ce1- f22b DOHC auto swap, ROH 11.1" 99 cl brakes, rear disk swap, dual plenums, aem cai, tein ss, OEM stanley one piecers, OEM stanley yellow fogs, OEM 96 Oddy roof rack, Yakima basketcase, some wheels, some tires.... etc.

Comment

Originally posted by da9b16
                I know of a PIMP $50 paint job and you will never guess it was BRUSHED ON with a SPONGE BRUSH and a ROLLER!!!!! LOOKS LIKE GLASS
                Semigloss latex, or satin?

Comment

Originally posted by da9b16
                  If i give him an extra $5 can he paint over those stupid windows too? lmao

btw, i'm chinese, and as a competitive offer, i'll do you car for $40, windows included, flat only...no semigloss right now,
                  Sold my baby

saving for an Sc300!!!

Comment

i should get a pic of my grampas chevy van, then you can see what it looks like 8 months later after a macco paint job, i could paint better then thes guys when i was 14. me and my girlfriend painted my CB7 with sikken's paint and you cant get any smoother
                    I Got my Accord, My girl has a I-roc Z ...how is this fair???

Comment

Originally posted by Edmo83
                      If i give him an extra $5 can he paint over those stupid windows too? lmao

btw, i'm chinese, and as a competitive offer, i'll do you car for $40, windows included, flat only...no semigloss right now,
                      What does you being Chinese have to do with anything?

AGAIN... it depends on where you go. Not all Maaco shops are created equal.
                      That's like saying "don't take your car to a mechanic! i took my car to a mechanic once and he broke everything. all mechanics are idiots that know nothing about cars!"

Comment

dos anyone know what brand of paint thay use?
                        I Got my Accord, My girl has a I-roc Z ...how is this fair???

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_Rocky
                          Depends on the Maaco u actually goto , but Shermain Williams or Dupont are the 2 paints ive seen em use my car is a maaco not cheapest but prepped by me and sent to them and my paint is mint ....

Hope This Helps .....
                          -Sean- Noxidea
                          Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_Rocky

Wanna give props on your ride. I never liked hoodscoops or invader style hoods on CB7's but you pulled it off really good!!! I actually like it! Your car reminds me of my friends retired AE92 with a supercharged levin motor. The jdm hood had a hoodscoop very similar in design.

Is a turbo in your future? That would look uber sexy if you swap in a K23 turbo motor in there The oem top-mount intercooler would function really well......

His car looked similar to this: Corolla GT-S coupe "ae92 GT-Z"

Hmm...

DO IT!
                            Last edited by Kurobei; 09-01-2006, 02:39 AM.
                            I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                            707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                            "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                            '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

I know Maaco has a deal with DuPont. Not sure about any other brand... of course, the DuPont plant is VERY close to me, so the local ones probably use that exclusively due to the location.

Comment

they probly have mexicans doing the paint jobs. lol thats y there so cheap they dont care about the quality is wut it sounds like. they just enjoy taking your money. But i bet they get one hella of a deal from dupont by the truck loads for the paint.
                                95 accord 5-speed green coupe SOLD!
                                93 H22 PRELUDE 5spd si Black

I have a JWhite retro, Do you?
                                fghgfhf

Comment

Working...
                                X