Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Valve Cover!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks good welcome to the site

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Bout time another UT member showed Up!
      We've been trying to get a meet on for a month, lol.
      (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
      Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
      My (old) Ride

Comment

hells ya bout freken time lol

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
        1992 Accord EX Coupe
        My FS Thread
        Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Man that looks really nice. Good Job

"click the picture for members thread"

Comment

looks good, I did the same,I started with 400,600, 1000, 1200 using wd40 while sanding, in between each one I polished with mothers, did you use the wd40 it helps in the buffing, go back with 1200 and the wd40 then polish with mothers and it will shine more.

I will get more engine shots later but heresa little taste.
            Last edited by doughboy415; 08-24-2006, 04:30 PM.
            BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

looks sweet

93 Accord Ex Sedan

Comment

that did come out good, i think i'm gonna do that to mine
                http://www.myspace.com/509cubanpapi
                92 cb w/jdm DOHC f20a

11 sec all motor crx in the works

Comment

what kind of sealant does the VC take?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                  93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                  93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I just used the gasket that was on there, it was in amazingly good condition for the original, and after 234,000 miles, heh.
                    Originally posted by sweet91accord
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

I bought a new gasket set, and a tube of blue silicone. No leaks, no problems, and i've pulled the valve cover twice since I redid the seal.
                      don't just throw the seal on and expect it to last forever.
                      (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
                      Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
                      My (old) Ride

Comment

how long did you wait to take off the paint after you applied the aircraft remover? cuz that shit is strong and shouldn't take a lot of sanding to get it off

Comment

Reviving a (semi) dead thread here. When I meant sanding the ridges, I didn't mean paint. I waited 15-20 minutes. Paint came off fine, but getting everything smooth and even is a pain by hand. :P
                          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                            Reviving a (semi) dead thread here. When I meant sanding the ridges, I didn't mean paint. I waited 15-20 minutes. Paint came off fine, but getting everything smooth and even is a pain by hand. :P
                            DREMEL TOOL
                            BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

Hint Hint: I don't have a dremel! Hehehe...really I don't...I'm poor.

Comment

the dremel tool isn't practical for polishing a valve cover. only the nooks and crannies. it's force is to concentrated and you can eat divots onto a surface.

an orbital sander is better suited for the job and makes for more uniform results. along with hand sanding. later.
                                Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Working...
                                X