Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

JDM Headlight Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM Headlight Help

How do you make/convert your headlight housing to black (jdm)?

Not sure even where to start!!

Please send diy instructions!!!

Thanks

Are you using the stock lights?
    Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

do a search... there is a DIY on it.

Cliffnotes version:
      - put it stove
      - open it up
      - spray
      - reseal

good luck!
      Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

Is putting it on a stove ment to melt the glue so you can pull the glass off or something? Sounds pretty risky to me even though it prolly works. What I would do it tape up all the glass or something, then pour boiling water on the gluey area to melt it. IMHO that's a better way, but do what suits you

H22A Vigor
        SR20 Accord

Comment

ill do them for you incase you want them professionaly done
          To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

You can melt the plastic if you don't know what you're doing but many people have done it and it is not hard to find on this site let alone online. Soysauce is a good source to go to. ^^^^^^^

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Maybe a heat gun?
              (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
              Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
              My (old) Ride

Comment

tools:
                oven
                pan
                flat head
                razor (optional)
                wire hanger (optional)
                high temp black paint
                sealent
                masking tape

-preheat oven to 225

-while your preheating the oven take out the bulbs, the boot assembly, metal clips that hold the housing and the plastic cover.

-put your headlights on a pan.... let it bake for about 7 minutes... 10 if the glue is not soft enough..

-take out the headlights

-pry open the clear plastic and the housing u can use your flat head for this but be gentle when using the flathead...you might damage the housing.

-pull off the chrome housing inside

- tape up the turn signal clear plastic attached to the chrome housing

(this is what i did for painting)

-got my wire hanger, make hooks on both ends of the hanger

-placed one end on top of something you can hang it to...and place the other end on one of the chrome housing holes on top.

-spray away....

-while your waiting for the paint to dry you can use your razor to take off the excess old sealent that came with the lights...

-now that your shit is dry put the black housing into the head light then use your sealent to replace the old sealent, put the headlight housing and clear plastic cover together put the clips back on, and everything else that you took off...you should be done.

if not just send it to me ill do it for you for 50 bucks. plus shipping

Comment

what kind of paint do you use. what brand and what type. cause i want to do the same thing but where my high beams are make it yellow there. can i just use the translucent pait or does it have to be high heat and where can you get it. auto zone or what.

Comment

Working...
                  X