Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Idiot question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idiot question

What's the difference between stock alloy rims and regular stock rims. Im pretty sure mine are plastic. It's dark outside, and im scared to go make sure lol. but seriously, i heard someone speak of 5th gen stock rims that are alloy. are mine plastic or am i just a dumbass?

-My Baby-

Alloys are basically your rims, and stock rims that you prob are referring too are what we call steelies which are basically a steel rim with a plastic hubcap cover.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

so will i be able to polish the hubcap? there are some owners here that kept their stock rims and polished the hell out of em. will i be able to do the same with mine?

-My Baby-

Comment

Nope, you don't have stock rims. You have steelies, which only have the plastic hubcap on top. Stock rims are alloys. Which don't have hubcaps. If that makes sense

^^ Clicky for Members Ride! ^^

Comment

yea it does. thanks. while im on the matter of rims, if i bought 17" rims and new tires, would that affect tire clearance from the wheel well if its at stock height? im pretty sure it wont, but just to make sure.

-My Baby-

Comment

As long as you get the right size tire with the 17s you'll be alright. Any place you order from should be able to help you out with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Acclipse
              As long as you get the right size tire with the 17s you'll be alright. Any place you order from should be able to help you out with that.
              I know this is a very old post but there are some websites out there that let you put in your vehicle make and model along with stock tire size and it will tell you with a different sized rim what size tire you will need to make the proper fit and you can usually see how that change will affect your speedo.
              "You are part of a great thing. Live for it, Talk for it and dream for it."
              "A friend is someone who will be there when the rest of the world walks out on you!"

"People who toy with others hearts...are only unhappy in their own lives."

Comment

www.wheelnext.com
                come mounted with the right size of tires so you don't have to do anything
                uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

Originally posted by drzachm
                  It's dark outside, and im scared to go make sure lol
                  HAHA thats the funniest shit ive ever heard... haha! youre the man!

Anyways, the plastic ones are common, and to me, look worse than the alloys. Alloys actually have spokes, while the plastic ones... well, dont.

Comment

u can buy my rims to find out
                    knowledge is everything with experience on hand then just hearing word of mouth doesnt prove you can do anything

Comment

Working...
                    X